Reed suffering continues as Potters Bar the latest to take victory
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Reed's difficult season in the Herts Cricket League Premier Division continues to frustrate after falling to another defeat - this one at home to defending champions Potters Bar.
The home side were put into bat on a slow wicket and only Richard Wharton with 23 was able to tame the early Bar attack.
They were reduced to 49-5 but late call-up Stuart Smith salvaged some respectability with a stubborn 16 not out while Ed Wharton was at his swashbuckling best with 35
Luke Chapman ended the resistance with 5-9 to leave Reed on 120 and it took Bar 27 overs to reach their target, losing just two wickets in the process.
Ed Wharton returned though with an unchanged 14-over spell earning him 1-46 and the man of the match performance.
Reed U11s though are enjoying life at the other end of the table after a 38-run win at Broxbourne sent them top.
Coach Simon Jackson said: "It was a great game played in a good fun spirit throughout. All the players should be pleased with their improvement and their continued maturity and performances on the field."
- 1 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 2 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 6 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker