Reed suffering continues as Potters Bar the latest to take victory
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Reed's difficult season in the Herts Cricket League Premier Division continues to frustrate after falling to another defeat - this one at home to defending champions Potters Bar.
The home side were put into bat on a slow wicket and only Richard Wharton with 23 was able to tame the early Bar attack.
They were reduced to 49-5 but late call-up Stuart Smith salvaged some respectability with a stubborn 16 not out while Ed Wharton was at his swashbuckling best with 35
Luke Chapman ended the resistance with 5-9 to leave Reed on 120 and it took Bar 27 overs to reach their target, losing just two wickets in the process.
Ed Wharton returned though with an unchanged 14-over spell earning him 1-46 and the man of the match performance.
Reed U11s though are enjoying life at the other end of the table after a 38-run win at Broxbourne sent them top.
Coach Simon Jackson said: "It was a great game played in a good fun spirit throughout. All the players should be pleased with their improvement and their continued maturity and performances on the field."
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 3 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 4 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event