Reed complete campaign with run-fest
- Credit: Archant
Reed ended their SHL Championship season with entertaining 55-run defeat to Stevenage.
Chris Whitworth scored 61 and Neville Talbot 37 as Stevenage posted 224-6. With the ball, Jack Tidey took 4-40.
In reply, Reed got off to the worst possible start by losing James Heslam, caught for 0.
Phil Lill (43), pushed up the order, got things moving, and although he and Will Heslam (20) moved the score on to 60-1, regular wickets fell.
The hosts were eventually bowled out for 169 all out from 36 overs despite decent performances from 17-year-old Rob Lankaster (29), in his first league innings for the side, and Sean Tidey (22).
You may also want to watch:
In the last three games the wheels had come off the Reed season perhaps not helped by having nothing to play for except pride and league position.
In a season of injury and at times difficult availability, a mid-table finish of fifth place in a significantly stronger league than last year is probably one to reasonably accept.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre