Reed begin SHCL Championship season with six-wicket triumph over rivals Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Despite being ravaged by illness and injury, Reed’s first XI opened their Saracens Herts League Championship campaign with a comfortable six-wicket victory over rivals Stevenage.
Their opponents lost wickets at regular intervals to the opening attack of Pete Tidey (10-1-21-1) and Ian Osborne (10-0-48-3).
At 88-5 they were rocking but a stubborn partnership of 51 between Andrew Joslin (46) and Shadrach Gittens-Browne (23) steadily re-built their innings.
However, Alex Mutucumarana (8-1-29-2) bowled out both and they finished on 186-9 after 50 overs.
In reply, Reed lost two quick wickets, but Will Heslam (79*), in 70 plus run partnerships with Rob Lankester (42) and Richard Wharton (36), saw the visitors home with five overs to spare.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match Wharton also dismissed four batsmen, leaving Reed with a comfortable chase.
They host Dunstable Town on Saturday.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre