Reed 4ths seal promotion with Hertford 5ths destruction
- Credit: Archant
The first team’s promotion ambitions may have been dashed last weekend but Reed’s 4ths made up for it by securing their place in next season’s Regional Division B East.
The current league leaders swept aside second-bottom Hertford 5ths by eight wickets.
Reed won the toss and elected to field but were left wondering if it had been the right choice as the home openers began with a flourish.
Connor Ives (39) and James Davis (19) gave Hertford a steady beginning but they were to fold like a pack of cards as only Harry Sewell (40) reached double figures in the remainder of their innings. They were dismissed for 122 all out.
Ian Roberts (4-28) was the pick of the Reed bowling.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors were left sweating immediately as Martin Johnson was removed for a duck but Paul Garrott (50), Ben Mansfield (34) and Alan Ward (26 not out) enabled celebrations to begin.
Following the match, skipper Lloyd Bowman said: “This was a superb all-round performance by the team today. The bowling, fielding and the batting were all top drawer and we managed to get over the promotion line in the end.”
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob