Reed 4ths seal promotion with Hertford 5ths destruction
- Credit: Archant
The first team’s promotion ambitions may have been dashed last weekend but Reed’s 4ths made up for it by securing their place in next season’s Regional Division B East.
The current league leaders swept aside second-bottom Hertford 5ths by eight wickets.
Reed won the toss and elected to field but were left wondering if it had been the right choice as the home openers began with a flourish.
Connor Ives (39) and James Davis (19) gave Hertford a steady beginning but they were to fold like a pack of cards as only Harry Sewell (40) reached double figures in the remainder of their innings. They were dismissed for 122 all out.
Ian Roberts (4-28) was the pick of the Reed bowling.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors were left sweating immediately as Martin Johnson was removed for a duck but Paul Garrott (50), Ben Mansfield (34) and Alan Ward (26 not out) enabled celebrations to begin.
Following the match, skipper Lloyd Bowman said: “This was a superb all-round performance by the team today. The bowling, fielding and the batting were all top drawer and we managed to get over the promotion line in the end.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day