Record-breaking Royston notch a dozen
Elizabeth Allen Res 1 Royston Town A 12 RECORD-BREAKING Royston recorded their biggest win with a 12-1 drubbing of Elizabeth Allen Reserves. Striker Lee Bates contributed six goals to notch up the highest individual score in a match by a Royston A player.
Elizabeth Allen Res 1
Royston Town A 12
RECORD-BREAKING Royston recorded their biggest win with a 12-1 drubbing of Elizabeth Allen Reserves.
Striker Lee Bates contributed six goals to notch up the highest individual score in a match by a Royston A player.
You may also want to watch:
He got the scoring under way early on, with Ross Frasier adding the second.
Royston had changed their formation for this match, and although they looked dangerous going forward, some confusion in defence allowed the home side to pull back a goal.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
However, this only offered a brief respite for Elizabeth Allen as Royston, led by Bates, hit back with a flurry of goals.
The striker scored the third before setting up Frasier and Aaron Williams.
Nathan Davenport got in on the act with a fine strike to end the match as a contest.
The second half belonged to Bates, who hit four more goals, before making way for Adam Stokes, who added two of his own.
Royston's defence, marshalled by the returning Brett Purkiss, worked hard to ensure the home side did not score a second consolation, although the game ended on a sour note with an injury to the influential Josh Bourner.