Raymond through to national finals
LEVI Raymond has won his way through to the National Novice Boxing Finals in Liverpool on November 14. The Royston boxer, who fights for Stevenage ABC, will line up against the northern champion in the 57-60kg weight division after his devastating perform
LEVI Raymond has won his way through to the National Novice Boxing Finals in Liverpool on November 14.
The Royston boxer, who fights for Stevenage ABC, will line up against the northern champion in the 57-60kg weight division after his devastating performance in his semi-final against London champion Reece Box of Romford's Five Star Gym.
Box may have been on his home soil at the Brewster's Hall in Romford, but he was ground down by Raymond as he had no answer to the power and variety of his opponent.
From the first bell Raymond stamped his intentions on the fight, slamming in solid and accurate jabs and right crosses, and this combination plus deft footwork bemused Box who was led back to his corner to have his nose checked after some well-crafted hits.
You may also want to watch:
The fit and confident Raymond stepped up another gear in the second round, hitting Box from all angles to force the stoppage and claim victory.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes