Raymond through to national finals
LEVI Raymond has won his way through to the National Novice Boxing Finals in Liverpool on November 14. The Royston boxer, who fights for Stevenage ABC, will line up against the northern champion in the 57-60kg weight division after his devastating perform
LEVI Raymond has won his way through to the National Novice Boxing Finals in Liverpool on November 14.
The Royston boxer, who fights for Stevenage ABC, will line up against the northern champion in the 57-60kg weight division after his devastating performance in his semi-final against London champion Reece Box of Romford's Five Star Gym.
Box may have been on his home soil at the Brewster's Hall in Romford, but he was ground down by Raymond as he had no answer to the power and variety of his opponent.
From the first bell Raymond stamped his intentions on the fight, slamming in solid and accurate jabs and right crosses, and this combination plus deft footwork bemused Box who was led back to his corner to have his nose checked after some well-crafted hits.
You may also want to watch:
The fit and confident Raymond stepped up another gear in the second round, hitting Box from all angles to force the stoppage and claim victory.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club