Raymond shines at Iceni Show
THREE members of Royston ABC have been in action, as the club s talented youngsters continue to gain valuable experience. Levi Raymond impressed once more as he beat Jay Gilbert of Iceni following a unanimous decision at the Iceni Show. However, Wesley
THREE members of Royston ABC have been in action, as the club's talented youngsters continue to gain valuable experience.
Levi Raymond impressed once more as he beat Jay Gilbert of Iceni following a unanimous decision at the Iceni Show.
However, Wesley Washington was narrowly beaten by the powerful Jay Najat of Waltham Forest BC.
Ryan Hutchings, who had won his previous four bouts, also suffered a narrow defeat, losing to S Gilly.
You may also want to watch:
Royston ABC head coach Tony Carolan said: "All three of the boys did very well, in particular Levi. But Ryan and Wesley were very unlucky, and their bouts could have gone either way.
"They are all doing well, and Levi is back out again next month in the Mini Minor Championships.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
"It's been a good year for the boys and the club, and after a very successful dinner show we're already looking at doing two more for next year.
"Now we'll look to get them involved in some more competitions and hopefully they can push on. I'm very pleased for them!"
n Royston boxers Billy and George Crotty completed their seasons last week, at the Chatteris Boxing Show.
George lost to the talented Jordan Gill in a below par performance. The 15-year-old is due a break after a long season in the ring, one that saw him crowned a Golden Gloves Champion, and winning his first England vest.
Billy also suffered a defeat, going down to Chatteris boxer Joe Payne, an ABA semi finalist, who edged Crotty on a majority decision.