Ray Charles wins Secretary Salver
- Credit: Archant
HEYDON Grange’s men competed for the Secretary’s Salver a bogey competition played over 18 holes on Saturday.
There was a large field who played in challenging windy conditions.
Ray Charles and Dave Brown tied for first place with a score of -1, with Charles winning on countback.
Also on Saturday the ladies competed for the Piab Trophy.
Despite wind and a heavy shower some good scores were returned.
You may also want to watch:
Linda Williams won the trophy with a score of 36, Mandy Handscombe was 2nd with 34 points. Jean Black won the nearest the pin and Wendy Osborne won the longest drive.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?