Ray Charles wins Secretary Salver
- Credit: Archant
HEYDON Grange’s men competed for the Secretary’s Salver a bogey competition played over 18 holes on Saturday.
There was a large field who played in challenging windy conditions.
Ray Charles and Dave Brown tied for first place with a score of -1, with Charles winning on countback.
Also on Saturday the ladies competed for the Piab Trophy.
Despite wind and a heavy shower some good scores were returned.
Linda Williams won the trophy with a score of 36, Mandy Handscombe was 2nd with 34 points. Jean Black won the nearest the pin and Wendy Osborne won the longest drive.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?