Ray Charles wins Secretary Salver
- Credit: Archant
HEYDON Grange’s men competed for the Secretary’s Salver a bogey competition played over 18 holes on Saturday.
There was a large field who played in challenging windy conditions.
Ray Charles and Dave Brown tied for first place with a score of -1, with Charles winning on countback.
Also on Saturday the ladies competed for the Piab Trophy.
Despite wind and a heavy shower some good scores were returned.
You may also want to watch:
Linda Williams won the trophy with a score of 36, Mandy Handscombe was 2nd with 34 points. Jean Black won the nearest the pin and Wendy Osborne won the longest drive.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?