Rampant Foxton turn on the batting firepower again
Thriplow were blown away by another awesome display from Foxton. They started well, with Chris Viner and Matt Ayre tieing down Sabey and Patrick Joseph for the first seven overs. However, Foxton s opening pair began to find their feet. As Sabey and Jose
Thriplow were blown away by another awesome display from Foxton.
They started well, with Chris Viner and Matt Ayre tieing down Sabey and Patrick Joseph for the first seven overs. However, Foxton's opening pair began to find their feet.
As Sabey and Joseph reached their half centuries the Thriplow attack struggled until skipper Chris Neild snared Joseph (66) lbw and surprised Lawrence Farnum two balls later trapping him lbw for a rare duck.
And when Sabey (71) pulled a Neild full toss straight into Martin Craze's hands, Foxton slipped to 161-3.
However, Antonel Attwell and Dean took over, and although Attwell fell to another Craze catch for 38, Dean (88 not out) and Ian Cambridge (21 not out) blasted Foxton to a daunting 304-4.
In reply, Martin Craze fell to a superb Benn yorker, but Ayre and Peter Richer steadied the ship.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Thriplow reached 80-1 before Richer was bowled by Attwell for 17 and then Paul Staley and Ayre kept their team in the hunt.
Ayre made his first half century of the season, before he was caught on the boundary for 51. Staley and Viner (15) pushed Thriplow on before the latter was run out after some sharp Farnum fielding.
Andy Craze slapped one of his trademark cuts straight to deep gully before Staley's (74) reverse sweep brought about his downfall.
Thriplow finished on 227-8 off their 45 overs.