Rampant Foxton turn on the batting firepower again
Thriplow were blown away by another awesome display from Foxton. They started well, with Chris Viner and Matt Ayre tieing down Sabey and Patrick Joseph for the first seven overs. However, Foxton s opening pair began to find their feet. As Sabey and Jose
Thriplow were blown away by another awesome display from Foxton.
They started well, with Chris Viner and Matt Ayre tieing down Sabey and Patrick Joseph for the first seven overs. However, Foxton's opening pair began to find their feet.
As Sabey and Joseph reached their half centuries the Thriplow attack struggled until skipper Chris Neild snared Joseph (66) lbw and surprised Lawrence Farnum two balls later trapping him lbw for a rare duck.
And when Sabey (71) pulled a Neild full toss straight into Martin Craze's hands, Foxton slipped to 161-3.
You may also want to watch:
However, Antonel Attwell and Dean took over, and although Attwell fell to another Craze catch for 38, Dean (88 not out) and Ian Cambridge (21 not out) blasted Foxton to a daunting 304-4.
In reply, Martin Craze fell to a superb Benn yorker, but Ayre and Peter Richer steadied the ship.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Thriplow reached 80-1 before Richer was bowled by Attwell for 17 and then Paul Staley and Ayre kept their team in the hunt.
Ayre made his first half century of the season, before he was caught on the boundary for 51. Staley and Viner (15) pushed Thriplow on before the latter was run out after some sharp Farnum fielding.
Andy Craze slapped one of his trademark cuts straight to deep gully before Staley's (74) reverse sweep brought about his downfall.
Thriplow finished on 227-8 off their 45 overs.