Rampant Foxton turn on the batting firepower again
Thriplow were blown away by another awesome display from Foxton. They started well, with Chris Viner and Matt Ayre tieing down Sabey and Patrick Joseph for the first seven overs. However, Foxton s opening pair began to find their feet. As Sabey and Jose
Thriplow were blown away by another awesome display from Foxton.
They started well, with Chris Viner and Matt Ayre tieing down Sabey and Patrick Joseph for the first seven overs. However, Foxton's opening pair began to find their feet.
As Sabey and Joseph reached their half centuries the Thriplow attack struggled until skipper Chris Neild snared Joseph (66) lbw and surprised Lawrence Farnum two balls later trapping him lbw for a rare duck.
And when Sabey (71) pulled a Neild full toss straight into Martin Craze's hands, Foxton slipped to 161-3.
However, Antonel Attwell and Dean took over, and although Attwell fell to another Craze catch for 38, Dean (88 not out) and Ian Cambridge (21 not out) blasted Foxton to a daunting 304-4.
In reply, Martin Craze fell to a superb Benn yorker, but Ayre and Peter Richer steadied the ship.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
Thriplow reached 80-1 before Richer was bowled by Attwell for 17 and then Paul Staley and Ayre kept their team in the hunt.
Ayre made his first half century of the season, before he was caught on the boundary for 51. Staley and Viner (15) pushed Thriplow on before the latter was run out after some sharp Farnum fielding.
Andy Craze slapped one of his trademark cuts straight to deep gully before Staley's (74) reverse sweep brought about his downfall.
Thriplow finished on 227-8 off their 45 overs.