Rampant Colts have Bedwell reeling
ROYSTON Town Colts Under-10s destroyed Bedwell Rangers 7-0 on Sunday with a Rhys Westbury goal inside two minutes setting the visitors on their way. Then Bradley Calvert s quick throw allowed Rob Norman to pounce and Royston went into the break with a 2-
ROYSTON Town Colts Under-10s destroyed Bedwell Rangers 7-0 on Sunday with a Rhys Westbury goal inside two minutes setting the visitors on their way.
Then Bradley Calvert's quick throw allowed Rob Norman to pounce and Royston went into the break with a 2-0 lead.
After the re-start Royston went for the kill and Westbury slotted home his second goal of the game.
It was one way traffic, as the Colts poured forward while Justin Leavers and Alasdair Richardson kept the Bedwell attack at bay with some excellent defending.
George Bailey then fired in Royston's fourth before Calvert made it five with a tidy finish of his own.
Norman then grabbed his second of the game and Colts' sixth with a well-taken penalty.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
Man-of-the-match Calvert made it seven after some unselfish play by Westbury and Norman.
Royston Town Colts Under-13s A beat Stevenage Borough Blues 4-2.
Maintaining their 100 per cent winning streak, Royston moved to top spot in Division Three despite an uneasy performance.
The Blues belied their lowly league position and kept Colts keeper Ashley Chapman busy.
However, Jack Bailey put the Colts in front with a fine strike from the edge of the area and Jake Benstead doubled their lead to send Royston into the interval with a flattering 2-0 lead.
After the re-start, Colts began to show glimpses of their early season play, and within minutes the tireless Lucas Sekobawane netted from close range.
However, Stevenage pounced on a defensive error before forcing a Colts own goal to take the score to 3-2.
As the Blues threatened to equalise, a superb solo effort from Conor Saggers put the game beyond reach and secured the points for Royston.
Royston Celtic Under-10s A saw off Bassingbourn Knights 2-1 at home.
However, the hosts found themselves trailing when Bassingbourn opened the scoring.
In the second half, debutant Tom McGlynn made an immediate impression after coming on as a substitute and scored a great goal to level the scores.
McGlynn then saw another effort fly over the bar, but Lorcan George did grab a second for Royston when he finished from a corner.
Royston Celtic B also beat their Bassingbourn opponents, with a comfortable 3-0 victory.
Celtic dominated the game with two first-half strikes from Brandon Hargreaves and Ollie Green.
Green made it three in the second half after putting pressure on the Bassingbourn defence, while Louie Clark and Ethan Lewis kept things tight at the back.