Rally round for charity
MELBOURN Golf Club are the latest club to take part in the Macmillan Cancer Support golf day marathon. David Coe, Lionel Griffin, John Winfield, and Ron Considine of Kingsway Golf Centre in Melbourn will be swinging into action on Tuesday by playing four
MELBOURN Golf Club are the latest club to take part in the Macmillan Cancer Support golf day marathon.
David Coe, Lionel Griffin, John Winfield, and Ron Considine of Kingsway Golf Centre in Melbourn will be swinging into action on Tuesday by playing four rounds of golf in one day at Malton Golf Club and at Kingsway.
Team member Coe, who hopes to raise £1,000 said: "We really wanted to take on the challenge and help Macmillan Cancer Support because they do such a great job and deserve all the support they can get.
"It will be no easy feat completing four rounds in one day, but we'll be spurred on knowing each hole will be helping people living with cancer."
You may also want to watch:
The top three teams in the UK will go on to compete for the Longest Day Golf Challenge Trophy at the De Vere Slayley Hall.
Teams will also have the chance to win a master class at Wentworth with rising star Nick Dougherty.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 10 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
n To put your golf to the test for charity call 020 7840 4614 and for more information visit the website www.macmillan.org.uk/golf