Rally round for charity
MELBOURN Golf Club are the latest club to take part in the Macmillan Cancer Support golf day marathon. David Coe, Lionel Griffin, John Winfield, and Ron Considine of Kingsway Golf Centre in Melbourn will be swinging into action on Tuesday by playing four
MELBOURN Golf Club are the latest club to take part in the Macmillan Cancer Support golf day marathon.
David Coe, Lionel Griffin, John Winfield, and Ron Considine of Kingsway Golf Centre in Melbourn will be swinging into action on Tuesday by playing four rounds of golf in one day at Malton Golf Club and at Kingsway.
Team member Coe, who hopes to raise £1,000 said: "We really wanted to take on the challenge and help Macmillan Cancer Support because they do such a great job and deserve all the support they can get.
"It will be no easy feat completing four rounds in one day, but we'll be spurred on knowing each hole will be helping people living with cancer."
You may also want to watch:
The top three teams in the UK will go on to compete for the Longest Day Golf Challenge Trophy at the De Vere Slayley Hall.
Teams will also have the chance to win a master class at Wentworth with rising star Nick Dougherty.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 5 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
n To put your golf to the test for charity call 020 7840 4614 and for more information visit the website www.macmillan.org.uk/golf