Rally round and get back on court!
A GROUP in Melbourn has been set up to encourage women to play netball. The Get Back To Netball programme, aimed at women who have dropped out of the sport in recent years, has been set up by Emma Windred. She said: I decided to set up the group because
A GROUP in Melbourn has been set up to encourage women to play netball.
The Get Back To Netball programme, aimed at women who have dropped out of the sport in recent years, has been set up by Emma Windred.
She said: "I decided to set up the group because I used to love netball at school and really wanted to recapture that experience.
"And when I found out that other mums thought the same it just went from there. It's been really successful!"
You may also want to watch:
Each week the group are being put through their paces by qualified netball coach Ann Jones, who leads skill sessions and small games.
"We've had up to 35 members some weeks," said Emma.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
"Many of us hadn't played for more than 20 years so when we started we were more than a little rusty!
"When you have young children it's difficult to find time for yourself, so it gives us a great chance to let off steam.
"It's also enormously fun, and like with any form of exercise, helps to get rid of the week's stresses."
- Emma and the group play every Tuesday evening (during term time) from 8pm-9pm at Melbourn Village College.
For more information contact Emma on 01763 261491.