Rain spoils final game
HAVING clinched promotion to The Sunday North Herts League Division One last week, Reed turned back to a friendly for their final Sunday fixture of the year versus touring side Saracens. Reed batted first and amassed a target of 193 in their 40 overs. Ia
HAVING clinched promotion to The Sunday North Herts League Division One last week, Reed turned back to a friendly for their final Sunday fixture of the year versus touring side Saracens.
Reed batted first and amassed a target of 193 in their 40 overs. Ian Fulk with an exciting 77 provided the backbone to the Reed innings.
With useful contributions all the way down notably from Heslam (26), Martin (29) and Bowcock (14), the home side's innings was always heading towards the setting of a challenging total on a damp but typically reliable Reed track.
In reply Saracens lost an early wicket to the nagging line of Archer but looked to be making a good fist of things before a serious thunderstorm brought proceedings to a premature end with the score on 37-1 after 13 overs.
You may also want to watch:
After an enjoyable final game of the season, Reed can look forward to the prospect of playing a full season of competitive Sunday league fixtures next year in the top division.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe