Quinn-tessential victory for Vets
Vintage Dundee 1 Royston Town Vets 2 DESPITE having to make changes Royston deservedly won an entertaining game. But it was Letchworth-based Dundee who took an early lead. After the goal both teams contested well, with chances being created at both end
Vintage Dundee 1
Royston Town Vets 2
DESPITE having to make changes Royston deservedly won an entertaining game.
But it was Letchworth-based Dundee who took an early lead.
You may also want to watch:
After the goal both teams contested well, with chances being created at both ends.
Royston's Peter Leete and Daryl Quinn got the Royston attack moving.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
And it was Quinn who proved the danger after 30 minutes when he skilfully lobbed the home goalkeeper after taking advantage of a loose ball.
In the second half Merv Chaffey kept the Dundee strikers at bay with a couple of excellent saves in what was a very commanding performance.
Royston then started to see more of the ball, with Holden unlucky with one superb 30-yard effort that struck the crossbar.
As the visitors' pressure grew, Leete and Harris both had chances before Quinn sealed the win with a delightful right footed volley with 20 minutes to go.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey; Cannon, King, Bowers, Allen; Quinn, Harris, Nash, Barthrop; Leete, Holden, Williams.
- Royston host neighbours Buntingford on Sunday at Garden Walk.