Quinn-tessential victory for Vets
Vintage Dundee 1 Royston Town Vets 2 DESPITE having to make changes Royston deservedly won an entertaining game. But it was Letchworth-based Dundee who took an early lead. After the goal both teams contested well, with chances being created at both end
Vintage Dundee 1
Royston Town Vets 2
DESPITE having to make changes Royston deservedly won an entertaining game.
But it was Letchworth-based Dundee who took an early lead.
After the goal both teams contested well, with chances being created at both ends.
Royston's Peter Leete and Daryl Quinn got the Royston attack moving.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 7 Sex offender Macaulay Brown jailed for over 11 years
- 8 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 10 Dallas legend Patrick Duffy set for mystery thriller coming to Cambridge stage
And it was Quinn who proved the danger after 30 minutes when he skilfully lobbed the home goalkeeper after taking advantage of a loose ball.
In the second half Merv Chaffey kept the Dundee strikers at bay with a couple of excellent saves in what was a very commanding performance.
Royston then started to see more of the ball, with Holden unlucky with one superb 30-yard effort that struck the crossbar.
As the visitors' pressure grew, Leete and Harris both had chances before Quinn sealed the win with a delightful right footed volley with 20 minutes to go.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey; Cannon, King, Bowers, Allen; Quinn, Harris, Nash, Barthrop; Leete, Holden, Williams.
- Royston host neighbours Buntingford on Sunday at Garden Walk.