Prothero wins Steeple Morden award
STEEPLE Morden FC brought their season to a close with their traditional finale game between the first and reserve teams, followed by their presentation evening. In an entertaining and keenly contested game, the first team triumphed 4-2 after the reserve
STEEPLE Morden FC brought their season to a close with their traditional finale game between the first and reserve teams, followed by their presentation evening.
In an entertaining and keenly contested game, the first team triumphed 4-2 after the reserves had raced into a two goal lead, courtesy of a fine Jack Tidey effort, and an own goal by Paul Hutley.
Two goals from assistant manager Karl Parr and confident finishes from Jason Clark and Dom Holt clinched the victory for the senior side.
Manager Kenny Watters presented the first team awards with skipper Charlie Prothero collecting the coveted player-of-the-year trophy.
Dom Holt, who scored 20 goals was the manager's player-of-the-year, while Martyn Lees picked up the most improved player for his 14 goals in his comeback season.
Paul Jarman handed over the reserve team payer-of-the-year award to Darren Jarman, with long-serving Kieran Smith receiving the manager's-player-of-the-year.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 7 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
Mark Robson was voted the most improved player for the reserves.
Chairman Tim Tidey handed over the Danny Noble Young Player of the Year award to first team defender Martin Donald, 18, and for the third year running Kenny Watters was named clubman-of-the-year.
Striker Ben Holt was once again top scorer for the club with 22 goals in Division 3A.