Promotions for Coville, Featherstone and Liversedge
JUDO enthusiasts have attended a training course. Bassingbourn Judo Club held the course for juniors and seniors at Bassingbourn Sports Centre where instructors were invited to teach judo and other Japanese Budo arts. Among the instructors were Sensei Joh
JUDO enthusiasts have attended a training course.
Bassingbourn Judo Club held the course for juniors and seniors at Bassingbourn Sports Centre where instructors were invited to teach judo and other Japanese Budo arts.
Among the instructors were Sensei John Strode 6th Dan Judo/ 9th Dan Ju-Jitsu from Essex and Sensei John Coville 2nd Dan from Sawston as well as other local instructors.
The aim of the course was to bring together again various local clubs that used to hold events such as this some years ago.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting gives people a wider knowledge of the arts and by training with people from other clubs it also extends their experience.
During the day, three people were promoted: John Coville was promoted to 3rd Dan, while Chris Featherstone and Cain Liversedge each gained their 1st Dan black belts, all well deserved as they had all spent quite some time at their previous grades.
- 1 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The club hopes to follow this event up in 2010 with one day courses for the younger students, thus also giving them the chance to gain further experience training with students from other clubs and also being given tuition from other instructors.
There will be places available in the New Year for new members, both junior and senior. If anyone is interested they can contact the club on (01763) 247592.