Promotions for Coville, Featherstone and Liversedge
JUDO enthusiasts have attended a training course. Bassingbourn Judo Club held the course for juniors and seniors at Bassingbourn Sports Centre where instructors were invited to teach judo and other Japanese Budo arts. Among the instructors were Sensei Joh
JUDO enthusiasts have attended a training course.
Bassingbourn Judo Club held the course for juniors and seniors at Bassingbourn Sports Centre where instructors were invited to teach judo and other Japanese Budo arts.
Among the instructors were Sensei John Strode 6th Dan Judo/ 9th Dan Ju-Jitsu from Essex and Sensei John Coville 2nd Dan from Sawston as well as other local instructors.
The aim of the course was to bring together again various local clubs that used to hold events such as this some years ago.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting gives people a wider knowledge of the arts and by training with people from other clubs it also extends their experience.
During the day, three people were promoted: John Coville was promoted to 3rd Dan, while Chris Featherstone and Cain Liversedge each gained their 1st Dan black belts, all well deserved as they had all spent quite some time at their previous grades.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
The club hopes to follow this event up in 2010 with one day courses for the younger students, thus also giving them the chance to gain further experience training with students from other clubs and also being given tuition from other instructors.
There will be places available in the New Year for new members, both junior and senior. If anyone is interested they can contact the club on (01763) 247592.