Promotion push is in the balance
Litlington Reserves 2 Hundon A 2 LITLINGTON S BIS promotion challenge was left hanging by a thread despite an excellent draw against table-topping Hundon. The hosts knew three points would boost their chances of promotion from Division 5A and were on top
Litlington Reserves 2 Hundon A 2
LITLINGTON'S BIS promotion challenge was left hanging by a thread despite an excellent draw against table-topping Hundon.
The hosts knew three points would boost their chances of promotion from Division 5A and were on top early on.
James Evans should have score in the first five minutes, but failed to hit the target from close range and Paul Harris then saw his glancing header fly inches past the far post.
You may also want to watch:
Hundon soon showed why they are pace-setters after Litlington's defence went to sleep at a free-kick, leaving a striker to tap home. The home side were back on level terms after 40 minutes when Harris smashed a 25-yard half-volley past the helpless keeper via the underside of the crossbar.
The second half started in similar fashion but Litlington were unable to find the final pass and soon found themselves behind again as Hundon used their aerial advantage to steal the lead.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
The home side could have been further behind but a missed penalty and excellent goalkeeping from Rikki Wilson kept the home side in the game.
James Evans clinically finished in a one-on-one situation to give Litlington a share of the points after Harris cleverly dummied a through ball into Evans's path.
Litlington have one game remaining and must win and rely on other results to be sure of promotion.