Promotion push is in the balance
Litlington Reserves 2 Hundon A 2 LITLINGTON S BIS promotion challenge was left hanging by a thread despite an excellent draw against table-topping Hundon. The hosts knew three points would boost their chances of promotion from Division 5A and were on top
Litlington Reserves 2 Hundon A 2
LITLINGTON'S BIS promotion challenge was left hanging by a thread despite an excellent draw against table-topping Hundon.
The hosts knew three points would boost their chances of promotion from Division 5A and were on top early on.
James Evans should have score in the first five minutes, but failed to hit the target from close range and Paul Harris then saw his glancing header fly inches past the far post.
You may also want to watch:
Hundon soon showed why they are pace-setters after Litlington's defence went to sleep at a free-kick, leaving a striker to tap home. The home side were back on level terms after 40 minutes when Harris smashed a 25-yard half-volley past the helpless keeper via the underside of the crossbar.
The second half started in similar fashion but Litlington were unable to find the final pass and soon found themselves behind again as Hundon used their aerial advantage to steal the lead.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
The home side could have been further behind but a missed penalty and excellent goalkeeping from Rikki Wilson kept the home side in the game.
James Evans clinically finished in a one-on-one situation to give Litlington a share of the points after Harris cleverly dummied a through ball into Evans's path.
Litlington have one game remaining and must win and rely on other results to be sure of promotion.