Promotion for Royston Hockey Club ladies
- Credit: Archant
Royston Hockey Club ladies’ first team celebrated promotion to East League Division One after a 3-0 win at Hertford 1sts.
The visitors started strongly, with the majority of possession, but Hertford fought back, and at half-time the game remained goalless.
Knowing only a win would ensure the prize they were after, Royston pressed and following wave after wave of attack, some well-worked passing enabled Lucy Richardson to convert the game’s first goal.
Holding the slender lead, Royston were keen to kill off the game with another goal and that arrived moments later through Sophie Gathercole.
Hertford desperately sought a response, but despite several short corners and efforts on Laura Price’s goal, the two-goal lead remained intact.
You may also want to watch:
After weathering the storm, Royston finally made sure of the points and promotion with a third. A short corner flew to Richardson, who smashed her second to complete the win.
To see how the men’s 3rds and 4ths got on, turn inside.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash