Promotion-chasers miss out
IT was a disappointing end to the NHTTA League season, with Royston s two promotion chasing sides missing out. In Division One the B team were up against a strong Bedwell C and in a tense match, Royston just could not do enough on the night with Bedwell
IT was a disappointing end to the NHTTA League season, with Royston's two promotion chasing sides missing out.
In Division One the B team were up against a strong Bedwell C and in a tense match, Royston just could not do enough on the night with Bedwell edging them out with a 5-3 victory.
Yuci Gou claimed two singles victories, while Martyn Symonds won one of his singles.
In Division Two the D team were outplayed by Green Man G, where only Derek Clark and Julian Lugg managed wins in a 5-2 defeat.
They do have the opportunity to make amends however, when they take on Artos TTC B in the final of the McCloughlin Inter Cup on Monday, May 19.
Meanwhile, the E team also missed out on success after they crashed out of the quarter-final of the Cobb Cup against Green Man E of Division One.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
The handicap competition saw Royston start with a 180-point lead. However, it proved insufficient as by the seventh game Green Man were in front by 61 points.