Promotion-chasers miss out
IT was a disappointing end to the NHTTA League season, with Royston s two promotion chasing sides missing out. In Division One the B team were up against a strong Bedwell C and in a tense match, Royston just could not do enough on the night with Bedwell
IT was a disappointing end to the NHTTA League season, with Royston's two promotion chasing sides missing out.
In Division One the B team were up against a strong Bedwell C and in a tense match, Royston just could not do enough on the night with Bedwell edging them out with a 5-3 victory.
Yuci Gou claimed two singles victories, while Martyn Symonds won one of his singles.
In Division Two the D team were outplayed by Green Man G, where only Derek Clark and Julian Lugg managed wins in a 5-2 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
They do have the opportunity to make amends however, when they take on Artos TTC B in the final of the McCloughlin Inter Cup on Monday, May 19.
Meanwhile, the E team also missed out on success after they crashed out of the quarter-final of the Cobb Cup against Green Man E of Division One.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
The handicap competition saw Royston start with a 180-point lead. However, it proved insufficient as by the seventh game Green Man were in front by 61 points.