Promotion-chasers miss out
IT was a disappointing end to the NHTTA League season, with Royston s two promotion chasing sides missing out. In Division One the B team were up against a strong Bedwell C and in a tense match, Royston just could not do enough on the night with Bedwell
IT was a disappointing end to the NHTTA League season, with Royston's two promotion chasing sides missing out.
In Division One the B team were up against a strong Bedwell C and in a tense match, Royston just could not do enough on the night with Bedwell edging them out with a 5-3 victory.
Yuci Gou claimed two singles victories, while Martyn Symonds won one of his singles.
In Division Two the D team were outplayed by Green Man G, where only Derek Clark and Julian Lugg managed wins in a 5-2 defeat.
You may also want to watch:
They do have the opportunity to make amends however, when they take on Artos TTC B in the final of the McCloughlin Inter Cup on Monday, May 19.
Meanwhile, the E team also missed out on success after they crashed out of the quarter-final of the Cobb Cup against Green Man E of Division One.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
The handicap competition saw Royston start with a 180-point lead. However, it proved insufficient as by the seventh game Green Man were in front by 61 points.