Promotion-chasers miss out
IT was a disappointing end to the NHTTA League season, with Royston s two promotion chasing sides missing out. In Division One the B team were up against a strong Bedwell C and in a tense match, Royston just could not do enough on the night with Bedwell
IT was a disappointing end to the NHTTA League season, with Royston's two promotion chasing sides missing out.
In Division One the B team were up against a strong Bedwell C and in a tense match, Royston just could not do enough on the night with Bedwell edging them out with a 5-3 victory.
Yuci Gou claimed two singles victories, while Martyn Symonds won one of his singles.
In Division Two the D team were outplayed by Green Man G, where only Derek Clark and Julian Lugg managed wins in a 5-2 defeat.
They do have the opportunity to make amends however, when they take on Artos TTC B in the final of the McCloughlin Inter Cup on Monday, May 19.
Meanwhile, the E team also missed out on success after they crashed out of the quarter-final of the Cobb Cup against Green Man E of Division One.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 8 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
The handicap competition saw Royston start with a 180-point lead. However, it proved insufficient as by the seventh game Green Man were in front by 61 points.