Probert hits double as ladies see off Leverstock
Royston Town Ladies 3 Leverstock Greens 2
ROYSTON Town FC Ladies followed up last week’s 3-3 draw with Leverstock Green Ladies by beating the same team 3-2 on Sunday.
Royston got off to the perfect start and took the lead after two minutes through Jenny Probert.
Things got even better for the home side on 15 minutes when good work from Leanne Buchanan allowed Probert to score her second.
Leverstock gradually got themselves back into the match and pulled a goal back through an own goal from Eve Brindle.
You may also want to watch:
Buchanan then grabbed Royston’s third just before half time with a strike from the tightest of angles.
Leverstock scored the only goal of the second half but Royston hung on to secure a deserved victory.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
At the end of game Town’s Manager Steve Buchanan said: “It was a bit nerve-wrecking towards the end but I thought our overall team spirit and determination was superb and we where well worth the three points.”