Probert hits double as ladies see off Leverstock
Royston Town Ladies 3 Leverstock Greens 2
ROYSTON Town FC Ladies followed up last week’s 3-3 draw with Leverstock Green Ladies by beating the same team 3-2 on Sunday.
Royston got off to the perfect start and took the lead after two minutes through Jenny Probert.
Things got even better for the home side on 15 minutes when good work from Leanne Buchanan allowed Probert to score her second.
Leverstock gradually got themselves back into the match and pulled a goal back through an own goal from Eve Brindle.
Buchanan then grabbed Royston’s third just before half time with a strike from the tightest of angles.
Leverstock scored the only goal of the second half but Royston hung on to secure a deserved victory.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
At the end of game Town’s Manager Steve Buchanan said: “It was a bit nerve-wrecking towards the end but I thought our overall team spirit and determination was superb and we where well worth the three points.”