Premier Division's top scorer signs for Royston Town
ROYSTON Town have signed Ryan Wade from Hertford Town. Wade was at the top of boss Paul Attfield s wanted list following the sale of Craig Hammond to Histon a fortnight ago and the club are delighted to have signed him on a one year deal. Wade scored more
ROYSTON Town have signed Ryan Wade from Hertford Town.
Wade was at the top of boss Paul Attfield's wanted list following the sale of Craig Hammond to Histon a fortnight ago and the club are delighted to have signed him on a one year deal.
Wade scored more goals then anyone else in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division last season (33) and impressed Attfield so much in his recent performances against the Crows that the club were determined to bring him to Garden Walk.
Royston were given permission by Hertford Town to speak to Wade last week but while the player had agreed terms league rules prevented him from signing until yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
He is expected to go straight into the squad for Sunday's FA Cup game against Stansted.
Speaking about his new signing, Attfield said: "I am delighted to get Ryan on board. He is a player proven at Premier Division level and was my biggest target when Craig left for Histon.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
"He has pace, trickery and great movement and I have no doubt will score lots of goals for us in the future.