Premier Division's top scorer signs for Royston Town
ROYSTON Town have signed Ryan Wade from Hertford Town. Wade was at the top of boss Paul Attfield s wanted list following the sale of Craig Hammond to Histon a fortnight ago and the club are delighted to have signed him on a one year deal. Wade scored more
ROYSTON Town have signed Ryan Wade from Hertford Town.
Wade was at the top of boss Paul Attfield's wanted list following the sale of Craig Hammond to Histon a fortnight ago and the club are delighted to have signed him on a one year deal.
Wade scored more goals then anyone else in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division last season (33) and impressed Attfield so much in his recent performances against the Crows that the club were determined to bring him to Garden Walk.
Royston were given permission by Hertford Town to speak to Wade last week but while the player had agreed terms league rules prevented him from signing until yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
He is expected to go straight into the squad for Sunday's FA Cup game against Stansted.
Speaking about his new signing, Attfield said: "I am delighted to get Ryan on board. He is a player proven at Premier Division level and was my biggest target when Craig left for Histon.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
"He has pace, trickery and great movement and I have no doubt will score lots of goals for us in the future.