Premier Division's top scorer signs for Royston Town
ROYSTON Town have signed Ryan Wade from Hertford Town. Wade was at the top of boss Paul Attfield s wanted list following the sale of Craig Hammond to Histon a fortnight ago and the club are delighted to have signed him on a one year deal. Wade scored more
ROYSTON Town have signed Ryan Wade from Hertford Town.
Wade was at the top of boss Paul Attfield's wanted list following the sale of Craig Hammond to Histon a fortnight ago and the club are delighted to have signed him on a one year deal.
Wade scored more goals then anyone else in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division last season (33) and impressed Attfield so much in his recent performances against the Crows that the club were determined to bring him to Garden Walk.
Royston were given permission by Hertford Town to speak to Wade last week but while the player had agreed terms league rules prevented him from signing until yesterday.
He is expected to go straight into the squad for Sunday's FA Cup game against Stansted.
Speaking about his new signing, Attfield said: "I am delighted to get Ryan on board. He is a player proven at Premier Division level and was my biggest target when Craig left for Histon.
- 1 Owner elated as cat returns after going missing for 11 years
- 2 Melbourn Bowls Club celebrates centenary
- 3 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 4 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator donated to Melbourn Bowls Club
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 A-level results 2022: What should my next steps be?
- 8 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 9 World Photography Day: Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust launches third Wild Snaps competition
- 10 Learn how to grow your own fruit at Royston garden centre
"He has pace, trickery and great movement and I have no doubt will score lots of goals for us in the future.