Pre-season win for Reed
REED Cricket Club registered their first win of 2009 some two months before their playing season actually commences. For several seasons the club have been active participants in the ECB Natwest CricketForce initiative which encourages clubs to improve t
REED Cricket Club registered their first win of 2009 some two months before their playing season actually commences.
For several seasons the club have been active participants in the ECB Natwest CricketForce initiative which encourages clubs to improve their facilities through establishing relationships with local volunteers, businesses and trade outlets.
A February competition offered a first prize of �250 of Build Center vouchers to the winners and Reed's entry proved to be the national winner.
Reed's entry was submitted by club fundraising manager John Heslam who said: "The �250 of vouchers have already arrived with us and will come in very handy in relation to a number of pre-season maintenance projects we have planned for the next few months".
You may also want to watch:
Reed players are already gearing up for the new season in they will operate a Saturday fourth 11 for the first time.
Spring training nets are already underway for adults and colt members from the ages of nine to 15.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
Anyone interested in joining can call Cilla Robertson on (01763) 848835.