Powley on fire has hat-trick hero sinks Knebworth
Knebworth A 3 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 5 Under-nines MELBOURN Panthers totally dominated the first half against Knebworth, winning every 50-50 ball. Joshua Montgomery put Melbourn into the lead before some combined good work from Dylan Snowden, Joe Powl
Knebworth A 3 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 5
MELBOURN Panthers totally dominated the first half against Knebworth, winning every 50-50 ball.
Joshua Montgomery put Melbourn into the lead before some combined good work from Dylan Snowden, Joe Powley and Montgomery resulted in numerous near misses.
You may also want to watch:
It wasn't long, though, before Montgomery made it 2-0 and Powley scored his first of the match to make it 3-0 at half time after some outstanding football.
Knebworth came back strong in the second half pulled a goal back but Powley responded almost immediately for Melbourn with another goal to make it 4-1.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Again Knebworth refused to give in and they somehow managed to pull the game back to 4-3 before man-of-the-match Powley completed his hat trick for the second week in a row taking Melbourn to a well deserved 5-3 win in an exciting match.
Knebworth B 0 MDFC Tigers 1
THE Tigers started well with some great passing between the players and Joe Powley kept Knebworth at bay by making some good saves in the Melbourn goal.
Both sides had opportunities but at half time the score was still 0-0.
However, minutes into the second half Zak Hart created an excellent opening and fired home to give Melbourn a 1-0 lead.
Knebworth fought back hard but some impressive defensive work by Ben Champion and man-of-the-match Rhys Davies kept the Knebworth attack at bay.
Melbourn came out on top after a great game between two quite evenly matched teams.