Powley on fire has hat-trick hero sinks Knebworth
Knebworth A 3 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 5 Under-nines MELBOURN Panthers totally dominated the first half against Knebworth, winning every 50-50 ball. Joshua Montgomery put Melbourn into the lead before some combined good work from Dylan Snowden, Joe Powl
Knebworth A 3 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 5
MELBOURN Panthers totally dominated the first half against Knebworth, winning every 50-50 ball.
Joshua Montgomery put Melbourn into the lead before some combined good work from Dylan Snowden, Joe Powley and Montgomery resulted in numerous near misses.
It wasn't long, though, before Montgomery made it 2-0 and Powley scored his first of the match to make it 3-0 at half time after some outstanding football.
Knebworth came back strong in the second half pulled a goal back but Powley responded almost immediately for Melbourn with another goal to make it 4-1.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
Again Knebworth refused to give in and they somehow managed to pull the game back to 4-3 before man-of-the-match Powley completed his hat trick for the second week in a row taking Melbourn to a well deserved 5-3 win in an exciting match.
Knebworth B 0 MDFC Tigers 1
THE Tigers started well with some great passing between the players and Joe Powley kept Knebworth at bay by making some good saves in the Melbourn goal.
Both sides had opportunities but at half time the score was still 0-0.
However, minutes into the second half Zak Hart created an excellent opening and fired home to give Melbourn a 1-0 lead.
Knebworth fought back hard but some impressive defensive work by Ben Champion and man-of-the-match Rhys Davies kept the Knebworth attack at bay.
Melbourn came out on top after a great game between two quite evenly matched teams.