Powley on fire has hat-trick hero sinks Knebworth
Knebworth A 3 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 5 Under-nines MELBOURN Panthers totally dominated the first half against Knebworth, winning every 50-50 ball. Joshua Montgomery put Melbourn into the lead before some combined good work from Dylan Snowden, Joe Powl
Knebworth A 3 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 5
MELBOURN Panthers totally dominated the first half against Knebworth, winning every 50-50 ball.
Joshua Montgomery put Melbourn into the lead before some combined good work from Dylan Snowden, Joe Powley and Montgomery resulted in numerous near misses.
It wasn't long, though, before Montgomery made it 2-0 and Powley scored his first of the match to make it 3-0 at half time after some outstanding football.
Knebworth came back strong in the second half pulled a goal back but Powley responded almost immediately for Melbourn with another goal to make it 4-1.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 6 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 7 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 8 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 Cambridge Country Show returns with something for all the family
Again Knebworth refused to give in and they somehow managed to pull the game back to 4-3 before man-of-the-match Powley completed his hat trick for the second week in a row taking Melbourn to a well deserved 5-3 win in an exciting match.
Knebworth B 0 MDFC Tigers 1
THE Tigers started well with some great passing between the players and Joe Powley kept Knebworth at bay by making some good saves in the Melbourn goal.
Both sides had opportunities but at half time the score was still 0-0.
However, minutes into the second half Zak Hart created an excellent opening and fired home to give Melbourn a 1-0 lead.
Knebworth fought back hard but some impressive defensive work by Ben Champion and man-of-the-match Rhys Davies kept the Knebworth attack at bay.
Melbourn came out on top after a great game between two quite evenly matched teams.