Powley on fire has hat-trick hero sinks Knebworth
Knebworth A 3 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 5 Under-nines MELBOURN Panthers totally dominated the first half against Knebworth, winning every 50-50 ball. Joshua Montgomery put Melbourn into the lead before some combined good work from Dylan Snowden, Joe Powl
Knebworth A 3 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 5
MELBOURN Panthers totally dominated the first half against Knebworth, winning every 50-50 ball.
Joshua Montgomery put Melbourn into the lead before some combined good work from Dylan Snowden, Joe Powley and Montgomery resulted in numerous near misses.
You may also want to watch:
It wasn't long, though, before Montgomery made it 2-0 and Powley scored his first of the match to make it 3-0 at half time after some outstanding football.
Knebworth came back strong in the second half pulled a goal back but Powley responded almost immediately for Melbourn with another goal to make it 4-1.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Again Knebworth refused to give in and they somehow managed to pull the game back to 4-3 before man-of-the-match Powley completed his hat trick for the second week in a row taking Melbourn to a well deserved 5-3 win in an exciting match.
Knebworth B 0 MDFC Tigers 1
THE Tigers started well with some great passing between the players and Joe Powley kept Knebworth at bay by making some good saves in the Melbourn goal.
Both sides had opportunities but at half time the score was still 0-0.
However, minutes into the second half Zak Hart created an excellent opening and fired home to give Melbourn a 1-0 lead.
Knebworth fought back hard but some impressive defensive work by Ben Champion and man-of-the-match Rhys Davies kept the Knebworth attack at bay.
Melbourn came out on top after a great game between two quite evenly matched teams.