Pousland is Vets’ hero
Royston Vets 10 Black Horse 8 ROYSTON Vets captain Colin Letch kicked his side to a hard fought victory – sealing the win in the last minute. Royston s game plan was not helped by Dickie Leighton pulling up with a hamstring injury. Paul Pousland joined
Royston Vets 10 Black Horse 8
ROYSTON Vets captain Colin Letch kicked his side to a hard fought victory - sealing the win in the last minute.
Royston's game plan was not helped by Dickie Leighton pulling up with a hamstring injury.
Paul Pousland joined the fray and played an important part in the victory, with a performance that won him the man of the match award.
You may also want to watch:
The Black Horse of Hertford made things difficult however, with their efficient pack, strong scrum, and effective front row.
Throughout, the two teams were so even that the first half ended without any points on the board.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
It was not until a scrummage five metres from the Black Horse line when the deadlock was broken, with Pousland diving over the line.
After Colin Letch converted, Black Horse responded with a penalty and then broke away for a try.
Ed Crow and the back row battled for every loose ball with Steve Bristow, at fly half, breaking down the defensive line with his cutting runs.
Then Letch hammered home a penalty with a delightful kick to seal the win.
Royston Vets: Nesbitt, Howell, Boyce, Phillips, Bergen, Downes, Rabbetts, Letch, Leighton, Bristow, B Ritsema, Crook, Spragg, D Ritsema, Payne. (Subs): Crow, P Pousland.