Pousland is Vets’ hero
Royston Vets 10 Black Horse 8 ROYSTON Vets captain Colin Letch kicked his side to a hard fought victory – sealing the win in the last minute. Royston s game plan was not helped by Dickie Leighton pulling up with a hamstring injury. Paul Pousland joined
Royston Vets 10 Black Horse 8
ROYSTON Vets captain Colin Letch kicked his side to a hard fought victory - sealing the win in the last minute.
Royston's game plan was not helped by Dickie Leighton pulling up with a hamstring injury.
Paul Pousland joined the fray and played an important part in the victory, with a performance that won him the man of the match award.
You may also want to watch:
The Black Horse of Hertford made things difficult however, with their efficient pack, strong scrum, and effective front row.
Throughout, the two teams were so even that the first half ended without any points on the board.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 5 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
It was not until a scrummage five metres from the Black Horse line when the deadlock was broken, with Pousland diving over the line.
After Colin Letch converted, Black Horse responded with a penalty and then broke away for a try.
Ed Crow and the back row battled for every loose ball with Steve Bristow, at fly half, breaking down the defensive line with his cutting runs.
Then Letch hammered home a penalty with a delightful kick to seal the win.
Royston Vets: Nesbitt, Howell, Boyce, Phillips, Bergen, Downes, Rabbetts, Letch, Leighton, Bristow, B Ritsema, Crook, Spragg, D Ritsema, Payne. (Subs): Crow, P Pousland.