Poulton carries Reed to victory
Reed U13 157-3 Weston Colville U13 128-7 Reed won by 29 runs
WESTON Colville won the toss and put Reed into bat and openers Josh Poulton and Cemal Ramadan (46) put on a sterling partnership of 109 until the latter was caught out in the 14th over.
Hugh Wrigley took up the reins and with just six overs to go put on 12 runs before being bowled in the 19th over.
Reed lost one more wicket to finish on 157/3 with Poulton (63) carrying his bat.
With a good score Reed could not be complacent on this high-scoring ground. They needed early wickets.
Weston settled with a partnership of 41 before Rhodri Hughes (4-0-33-1) came on in the seventh over to bowl Freddy Gurney for 17 runs.
The best of Weston’s batting came from Edward Fairey (23), but this was cut short when he was run-out by Reece Fitzgerald in the 10th over.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 9 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
With two more run-outs to Rhodri Hughes and Connor Poulton, Weston’s run rate was dropping fast. Jack Caine (3-0-15-0) and Joe Graves (2-0-11-0) contributed good spells at the end of the innings when Weston were looking to hit out.
Opening bowler Fitzgerald (4-0-18-2) came back on to take further two consecutive wickets in his final over and Weston finally fell short by 29 runs.