Poulton carries Reed to victory
Reed U13 157-3 Weston Colville U13 128-7 Reed won by 29 runs
WESTON Colville won the toss and put Reed into bat and openers Josh Poulton and Cemal Ramadan (46) put on a sterling partnership of 109 until the latter was caught out in the 14th over.
Hugh Wrigley took up the reins and with just six overs to go put on 12 runs before being bowled in the 19th over.
Reed lost one more wicket to finish on 157/3 with Poulton (63) carrying his bat.
With a good score Reed could not be complacent on this high-scoring ground. They needed early wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Weston settled with a partnership of 41 before Rhodri Hughes (4-0-33-1) came on in the seventh over to bowl Freddy Gurney for 17 runs.
The best of Weston’s batting came from Edward Fairey (23), but this was cut short when he was run-out by Reece Fitzgerald in the 10th over.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
With two more run-outs to Rhodri Hughes and Connor Poulton, Weston’s run rate was dropping fast. Jack Caine (3-0-15-0) and Joe Graves (2-0-11-0) contributed good spells at the end of the innings when Weston were looking to hit out.
Opening bowler Fitzgerald (4-0-18-2) came back on to take further two consecutive wickets in his final over and Weston finally fell short by 29 runs.