Poulton carries Reed to victory
Reed U13 157-3 Weston Colville U13 128-7 Reed won by 29 runs
WESTON Colville won the toss and put Reed into bat and openers Josh Poulton and Cemal Ramadan (46) put on a sterling partnership of 109 until the latter was caught out in the 14th over.
Hugh Wrigley took up the reins and with just six overs to go put on 12 runs before being bowled in the 19th over.
Reed lost one more wicket to finish on 157/3 with Poulton (63) carrying his bat.
With a good score Reed could not be complacent on this high-scoring ground. They needed early wickets.
Weston settled with a partnership of 41 before Rhodri Hughes (4-0-33-1) came on in the seventh over to bowl Freddy Gurney for 17 runs.
The best of Weston’s batting came from Edward Fairey (23), but this was cut short when he was run-out by Reece Fitzgerald in the 10th over.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
With two more run-outs to Rhodri Hughes and Connor Poulton, Weston’s run rate was dropping fast. Jack Caine (3-0-15-0) and Joe Graves (2-0-11-0) contributed good spells at the end of the innings when Weston were looking to hit out.
Opening bowler Fitzgerald (4-0-18-2) came back on to take further two consecutive wickets in his final over and Weston finally fell short by 29 runs.