Poulton carries Reed to victory
Reed U13 157-3 Weston Colville U13 128-7 Reed won by 29 runs
WESTON Colville won the toss and put Reed into bat and openers Josh Poulton and Cemal Ramadan (46) put on a sterling partnership of 109 until the latter was caught out in the 14th over.
Hugh Wrigley took up the reins and with just six overs to go put on 12 runs before being bowled in the 19th over.
Reed lost one more wicket to finish on 157/3 with Poulton (63) carrying his bat.
With a good score Reed could not be complacent on this high-scoring ground. They needed early wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Weston settled with a partnership of 41 before Rhodri Hughes (4-0-33-1) came on in the seventh over to bowl Freddy Gurney for 17 runs.
The best of Weston’s batting came from Edward Fairey (23), but this was cut short when he was run-out by Reece Fitzgerald in the 10th over.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
With two more run-outs to Rhodri Hughes and Connor Poulton, Weston’s run rate was dropping fast. Jack Caine (3-0-15-0) and Joe Graves (2-0-11-0) contributed good spells at the end of the innings when Weston were looking to hit out.
Opening bowler Fitzgerald (4-0-18-2) came back on to take further two consecutive wickets in his final over and Weston finally fell short by 29 runs.