Poor start costs Royston
Royston IV 0 Winchmore Hill & Enfield 4 A POOR start cost Royston dearly as they went down to Winchmore Hill & Enfield, on Saturday. The hosts conceded three goals in 10 minutes as Winchmore scored with a deflected short corner and then added two more fr
Royston IV 0
Winchmore Hill & Enfield 4
A POOR start cost Royston dearly as they went down to Winchmore Hill & Enfield, on Saturday.
The hosts conceded three goals in 10 minutes as Winchmore scored with a deflected short corner and then added two more from open play.
You may also want to watch:
Royston then showed their character by settling down and playing some good attacking hockey, more than matching their opponents for the rest of the game.
Although the home side created several very good chances they were unable convert them into goals. As the home side continued to press, Winchmore looked very dangerous on the break and eventually added a fourth goal late in the second half.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
The pick of the Royston players were Perry Noble and Stephen Priest.