Poor passing lets Wanderers down
Whitethorn Wanderers 0 Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues 2 Under-10s WHITETHORN Wanderers went down to an unlucky defeat against Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues. Some of Wanderers passing was not up to scratch in the opening minutes but Karlos went
Whitethorn Wanderers 0 Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues 2
WHITETHORN Wanderers went down to an unlucky defeat against Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues.
Some of Wanderers' passing was not up to scratch in the opening minutes but Karlos went close with a shot that went just wide.
Lewis C did well to repel any Eagles attacks with a few very strong challenges.
Eagles broke and put some nice passes together, Josh Mel remained calm though and a good challenge gave them some breathing space.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
He then spotted Max who set off down the wing but Eagles defended well.
For the remainder of the first half, Eagles put the goal under pressure but it stayed goalless.
Ben wasted no time at the start of the second half and played in Karlos but the goalkeeper saved well.
Eagles finally broke the deadlock though and, despite a couple of chances for Ben, George and Karlos, they wrapped up the win with a tidy finish.
Whitethorn Wanderers 2 Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues 2
Great work from Sam down the wing creates a chance for Alfie but his shot was saved well.
Wanderers finally got the goal they deserved in the first game when Lewis whips in a corner that an Eagles player can only put through his own net.
However, Wanderers were pegged back when Eagles scored a fantastic equaliser.
Wanderers kept the pressure on at the start of the second half and Alfie duly puts them back in front.
But Eagles rallied once more and grabbed an equaliser with virtually the last kick of the game.