Poor passing lets Wanderers down
Whitethorn Wanderers 0 Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues 2 Under-10s WHITETHORN Wanderers went down to an unlucky defeat against Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues. Some of Wanderers passing was not up to scratch in the opening minutes but Karlos went
Whitethorn Wanderers 0 Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues 2
WHITETHORN Wanderers went down to an unlucky defeat against Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues.
Some of Wanderers' passing was not up to scratch in the opening minutes but Karlos went close with a shot that went just wide.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis C did well to repel any Eagles attacks with a few very strong challenges.
Eagles broke and put some nice passes together, Josh Mel remained calm though and a good challenge gave them some breathing space.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
He then spotted Max who set off down the wing but Eagles defended well.
For the remainder of the first half, Eagles put the goal under pressure but it stayed goalless.
Ben wasted no time at the start of the second half and played in Karlos but the goalkeeper saved well.
Eagles finally broke the deadlock though and, despite a couple of chances for Ben, George and Karlos, they wrapped up the win with a tidy finish.
Whitethorn Wanderers 2 Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues 2
Great work from Sam down the wing creates a chance for Alfie but his shot was saved well.
Wanderers finally got the goal they deserved in the first game when Lewis whips in a corner that an Eagles player can only put through his own net.
However, Wanderers were pegged back when Eagles scored a fantastic equaliser.
Wanderers kept the pressure on at the start of the second half and Alfie duly puts them back in front.
But Eagles rallied once more and grabbed an equaliser with virtually the last kick of the game.