Ponting penalty save secures all the points for Whites
Royston Celtics Whites 2 BSCFC Rangers 0 Under-12s Division One ROYSTON Celtics were the far better team against Bishop s Stortford and could have been 5-0 up within the first 10 minutes such was their superiority. However there were scares for the Whites
Royston Celtics Whites 2 BSCFC Rangers 0
Under-12s Division One
ROYSTON Celtics were the far better team against Bishop's Stortford and could have been 5-0 up within the first 10 minutes such was their superiority.
However there were scares for the Whites including a first half penalty for Rangers who were denied by the superb Robbie Ponting (pictured) in the Whites' goal.
This spurred the Whites on and a switch up front saw Lorcan George come on and the youngster collected a through ball and slotted the ball in the net for his first of the season.
Justin Leavers shackled Rangers' best player, with help from Tom McGlynn and Edward Atkins, and this allowed the Whites to continue dominating and they went 2-0 up with a goal from Rhys Westbury.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 3 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 4 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 8 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 10 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
The second half saw Rangers put up more resistance but they were never able to make the breakthrough as some good performances from the likes of Richard Jonas, James Rushton, Ben Webb, Jack Mills and Callum Pinner made life difficult while at left back Eamonn Henderson had a superb game.