Players sought for new U21 football team
- Credit: Archant
A leading football team want to make a dynamic start in a new U21 league.
Melbourn Dynamos aim to enter a side in an U21 competition which is to kick off next season and they are looking for players to add to their existing U18 squad.
The Hertfordshire FA have set up the U21 league in a bid to stop young players drifting out of the game.
Steve Richardson, manager of the new U21 team, said: “The core of the team for the coming season have played for Dynamos for over 10 years and as a club we felt that it would be great if they were able to continue to play.
“Before this new league was set up, the only option for players at this age was to join an adult team.
You may also want to watch:
“However, this means playing against seasoned footballers and sometimes young players don’t enjoy the game as much as they would do playing against other teams of the same age group.”
If you are interested in joining contact Mr Richardson on 07766 111222 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge