Piggott treble as Cougars are too good for Sandy
THE under-15s got Buntingford Cougars off to a good start, knocking eight past helpless Sandy Colts – including a hat-trick from Scott Piggott. Four first-half goals were kick-started by an Alfie Long penalty, before Piggott ran riot with three coolly ta
THE under-15s got Buntingford Cougars off to a good start, knocking eight past helpless Sandy Colts - including a hat-trick from Scott Piggott.
Four first-half goals were kick-started by an Alfie Long penalty, before Piggott ran riot with three coolly taken strikes.
Ben Johnson grabbed another two for the Cougars, before Alex West and Chris James completed the rout.
However, with the under-15s rampant, the under-14s were on the receiving end of a heavy defeat, losing to BCSFC Athletic 6-0.
You may also want to watch:
Buntingford's under-11s also lost their opening game, against Letchworth GCE Yellows going down 3-1.
The Cougars were 2-0 down at half time, before Calum Browne's mazy run was finished with an audacious chip over the Letchworth keeper.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Liam Price and Alex McGregor had opportunities to draw level, and after some healthy spells of possession, Buntingford were unfortunate when their opponents scored a third.
In the mini soccer leagues, Buntingford Cougars' action continued with the under-eights losing and winning.
Losing 3-2 to Hitchin, Cougars bounced back in their second match with an 8-0 win, goals coming from Simon Keogh (2), Jordan Moore, Stanley Ray, and James Savage (4).
The under nines lost their two matches against Rising Stars with the Blues going down 3-1 and the Whites 2-1. Connor Poulton and Sam Curran scored respectively.
It was also bad news for the under 10s, as they lost all three of their games, with the Whites and Blues losing to Letchworth GCE, and the Stripes defeated 8-0 by Bishop's Stortford.
The Blues fought hard with Charlie Owen scoring two great goals in an entertaining 6-4 defeat.