Personal best for Gee at Leicester
FOUR Royston Runners took part in the Leicester Marathon at the weekend with Charlotte Gee achieving a personal best with a time of 3 hours 28 minutes. It was an excellent performance from Gee, with the event taking to the city centre for the first time.
FOUR Royston Runners took part in the Leicester Marathon at the weekend with Charlotte Gee achieving a personal best with a time of 3 hours 28 minutes.
It was an excellent performance from Gee, with the event taking to the city centre for the first time.
Graham Hill was the first Royston runner home with a time of 3:09, while Bernard Cassidy and Julio D'Escrivan finished with in times of 3:10 and 3:47 respectively.
THE Royston Crows Athletic Club took part in their first cross country match of the season in Ruislip on Saturday.
In the under-13 girls, Sophie Jones and Rebecca O'Sullivan finished in the top third of the field, coming ninth and13th respectively.
Fine runs by Hannah Stout and Emma Calder, despite illness brought the team home in sixth position overall, out of the 12 teams competing.
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 8 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
In the under-17 boys' event, Toby Hone and Peter Allen produced two strong runs in a competitive field, finishing 26th and 62nd.
Claire Wood, the club's only competitor in the under-15 girls' race successfully completed the undulating 4km course to finish in 45th place.
- The club is encouraging more youngsters to join their successful programme and try out for the cross country league. Those interested in joining the fun, either to compete or improve their fitness should contact Wendy Jones on 01223 208816 or Chris Maxwell on 01763 837144. Youngsters between the ages of nine16 are all welcome.