Personal best for Gee at Leicester
FOUR Royston Runners took part in the Leicester Marathon at the weekend with Charlotte Gee achieving a personal best with a time of 3 hours 28 minutes. It was an excellent performance from Gee, with the event taking to the city centre for the first time.
FOUR Royston Runners took part in the Leicester Marathon at the weekend with Charlotte Gee achieving a personal best with a time of 3 hours 28 minutes.
It was an excellent performance from Gee, with the event taking to the city centre for the first time.
Graham Hill was the first Royston runner home with a time of 3:09, while Bernard Cassidy and Julio D'Escrivan finished with in times of 3:10 and 3:47 respectively.
THE Royston Crows Athletic Club took part in their first cross country match of the season in Ruislip on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
In the under-13 girls, Sophie Jones and Rebecca O'Sullivan finished in the top third of the field, coming ninth and13th respectively.
Fine runs by Hannah Stout and Emma Calder, despite illness brought the team home in sixth position overall, out of the 12 teams competing.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
In the under-17 boys' event, Toby Hone and Peter Allen produced two strong runs in a competitive field, finishing 26th and 62nd.
Claire Wood, the club's only competitor in the under-15 girls' race successfully completed the undulating 4km course to finish in 45th place.
- The club is encouraging more youngsters to join their successful programme and try out for the cross country league. Those interested in joining the fun, either to compete or improve their fitness should contact Wendy Jones on 01223 208816 or Chris Maxwell on 01763 837144. Youngsters between the ages of nine16 are all welcome.