Penn and Baulk on form as Town beat Knebworth
Royston Town Youth's under-nines A team were fully in control of their match against Knebworth Yellows from start to finish and ran out 5-0 victors. Strong work from Jamie Penn was rewarded with two good goals while the lively Mickey Baulk also scored two
Royston Town Youth's under-nines A team were fully in control of their match against Knebworth Yellows from start to finish and ran out 5-0 victors. Strong work from Jamie Penn was rewarded with two good goals while the lively Mickey Baulk also scored two and Callum Toovey notched one.
Fine football by Matt Bailey and Kieran Blois kept Knebworth under control at the back.
Royston Town Youth under-nines' B game against Knebworth Blacks was one of many goalscoring opportunities, but they only managed to convert one. Great midfield work from Jack Hallewell and Jack Davis kept the pressure on their opponents while solid defending by Brad Whale kept them at bay at the back and Tom Fox scored the only goal of the game to ensure victory.
Royston Town under-eights A put last week's home defeat to Hormead Hares behind them as they played an exciting game away to Letchworth, ending in a 2-2 draw.
Letchworth took the lead early in the first half but Euan Rees levelled things before half time.
The second half saw a fantastic curling corner from Theo Reed find Louis Harward who tapped in to give his side the lead, but Letchworth were able to equalise before the end.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 8 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
Royston Town under-eights B team also drew against Letchworth.
Despite Royston enjoying most of the possession and having several chances, Letchworth took the lead in the first half but a superb Charlie Johnson goal in the second half evened things up.