Penn and Baulk on form as Town beat Knebworth
Royston Town Youth's under-nines A team were fully in control of their match against Knebworth Yellows from start to finish and ran out 5-0 victors. Strong work from Jamie Penn was rewarded with two good goals while the lively Mickey Baulk also scored two
Royston Town Youth's under-nines A team were fully in control of their match against Knebworth Yellows from start to finish and ran out 5-0 victors. Strong work from Jamie Penn was rewarded with two good goals while the lively Mickey Baulk also scored two and Callum Toovey notched one.
Fine football by Matt Bailey and Kieran Blois kept Knebworth under control at the back.
Royston Town Youth under-nines' B game against Knebworth Blacks was one of many goalscoring opportunities, but they only managed to convert one. Great midfield work from Jack Hallewell and Jack Davis kept the pressure on their opponents while solid defending by Brad Whale kept them at bay at the back and Tom Fox scored the only goal of the game to ensure victory.
Royston Town under-eights A put last week's home defeat to Hormead Hares behind them as they played an exciting game away to Letchworth, ending in a 2-2 draw.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth took the lead early in the first half but Euan Rees levelled things before half time.
The second half saw a fantastic curling corner from Theo Reed find Louis Harward who tapped in to give his side the lead, but Letchworth were able to equalise before the end.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
Royston Town under-eights B team also drew against Letchworth.
Despite Royston enjoying most of the possession and having several chances, Letchworth took the lead in the first half but a superb Charlie Johnson goal in the second half evened things up.