Penn and Baulk on form as Town beat Knebworth
Royston Town Youth's under-nines A team were fully in control of their match against Knebworth Yellows from start to finish and ran out 5-0 victors. Strong work from Jamie Penn was rewarded with two good goals while the lively Mickey Baulk also scored two
Royston Town Youth's under-nines A team were fully in control of their match against Knebworth Yellows from start to finish and ran out 5-0 victors. Strong work from Jamie Penn was rewarded with two good goals while the lively Mickey Baulk also scored two and Callum Toovey notched one.
Fine football by Matt Bailey and Kieran Blois kept Knebworth under control at the back.
Royston Town Youth under-nines' B game against Knebworth Blacks was one of many goalscoring opportunities, but they only managed to convert one. Great midfield work from Jack Hallewell and Jack Davis kept the pressure on their opponents while solid defending by Brad Whale kept them at bay at the back and Tom Fox scored the only goal of the game to ensure victory.
Royston Town under-eights A put last week's home defeat to Hormead Hares behind them as they played an exciting game away to Letchworth, ending in a 2-2 draw.
You may also want to watch:
Letchworth took the lead early in the first half but Euan Rees levelled things before half time.
The second half saw a fantastic curling corner from Theo Reed find Louis Harward who tapped in to give his side the lead, but Letchworth were able to equalise before the end.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
Royston Town under-eights B team also drew against Letchworth.
Despite Royston enjoying most of the possession and having several chances, Letchworth took the lead in the first half but a superb Charlie Johnson goal in the second half evened things up.