Peacock turns on the power
BALDOCK recorded their first league win of the season on Saturday with a seven-wicket defeat of Hatch End at Avenue Park. Hatch End won the toss and elected to bat, but good work from opening bowlers James Peacock and Alistair Jones left the visitors reel
BALDOCK recorded their first league win of the season on Saturday with a seven-wicket defeat of Hatch End at Avenue Park.
Hatch End won the toss and elected to bat, but good work from opening bowlers James Peacock and Alistair Jones left the visitors reeling at 30-3.
However, Hatch End recovered well and posted a competitive total of 146 all out. Tim Dean was the pick of the Baldock bowlers with 4-29.
Despite losing an early wicket, Baldock batted well in tricky conditions and reached 150-3 with overs to spare.
You may also want to watch:
Peacock was the star performer with the bat, hitting a controlled 88, ably assisted by Ranjit Rayat (10), and Graham Letford, who ended the match unbeaten on 28.
Baldock will look to build on this result at the weekend when they travel to Northwood II.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
Meanwhile, bad weather saw Baldock II's match at Bentley Heath abandoned midway through the Baldock innings, with the visitors on 67-3. Earlier, Bentley Heath had scored 196 all out off 52.2 overs, with Baldock's Phil Lucy taking five wickets. Baldock II's next match is against Hatch End II.