Peacock battles in vain as Baldock sunk by Hatfield
BALDOCK played host to Hatfield Hyde on Saturday, going down by six wickets. Batting first, the home side totalled 175 all out from 49 overs, after reaching 43 without loss and looking in total control. But then Baldock lost four quick wickets to leave
BALDOCK played host to Hatfield Hyde on Saturday, going down by six wickets.
Batting first, the home side totalled 175 all out from 49 overs, after reaching 43 without loss and looking in total control.
But then Baldock lost four quick wickets to leave them at 81-4.
Jamie Peacock's fine 71 and captain Rob Cant's 18 added to their team's account and for a while put Baldock back in a comfortable position.
You may also want to watch:
But their hard work was spoiled as wickets were too frequently gifted.
Hatfield got off to an equally solid start, but never looked back from the first ball, losing just two wickets for 129 runs. They reached their target with overs to spare, and despite some spirited Baldock bowling, ran out six-wicket winners.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Baldock's seconds got off to a miserable start in their season opener and were outplayed by a strong Stevenage third team, who made 213 all out and then bowled Baldock out for just 106.