Peacock battles in vain as Baldock sunk by Hatfield
BALDOCK played host to Hatfield Hyde on Saturday, going down by six wickets. Batting first, the home side totalled 175 all out from 49 overs, after reaching 43 without loss and looking in total control. But then Baldock lost four quick wickets to leave
BALDOCK played host to Hatfield Hyde on Saturday, going down by six wickets.
Batting first, the home side totalled 175 all out from 49 overs, after reaching 43 without loss and looking in total control.
But then Baldock lost four quick wickets to leave them at 81-4.
Jamie Peacock's fine 71 and captain Rob Cant's 18 added to their team's account and for a while put Baldock back in a comfortable position.
You may also want to watch:
But their hard work was spoiled as wickets were too frequently gifted.
Hatfield got off to an equally solid start, but never looked back from the first ball, losing just two wickets for 129 runs. They reached their target with overs to spare, and despite some spirited Baldock bowling, ran out six-wicket winners.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Baldock's seconds got off to a miserable start in their season opener and were outplayed by a strong Stevenage third team, who made 213 all out and then bowled Baldock out for just 106.