Patterson steers Grange to trophy win
HEYDON Grange club captain Adrian Patterson guided his team to victory over Thorpe Wood on Saturday in the first round of the Jock Stewart Memorial Trophy. Paul Chamberlain and Mark Lewis, in the low handicap pairing, took an early lead by winning the ope
HEYDON Grange club captain Adrian Patterson guided his team to victory over Thorpe Wood on Saturday in the first round of the Jock Stewart Memorial Trophy.
Paul Chamberlain and Mark Lewis, in the low handicap pairing, took an early lead by winning the opening hole, but found their opponents in good form, and eventually lost two and one.
However, the pairings of Malcolm Knoble-Forbes and Steve Miller along with Patterson and Bob Bridges, won emphatically, seven and five, and six and five.
Knoble-Forbes and Miller always looked comfortable and established a lead on the front nine and eased to victory.
You may also want to watch:
Then Patterson and Bridges won four straight holes and on the 13th Patterson holed out from more than 20ft to secure the win.
Heydon now have another home tie against the winners of the match between Lakeside Lodge and St Neots.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
The club's friendly rivalry with Barkway Park continues on Saturday, when they meet in the first round of the Cambridge Golf Union's Derek Burridge Challenge.
STEVE Miller teamed up with former ladies captain Ros McKenzie to win Heydon Grange's Chishill Winter Pairs KO competition.
They beat current lady captain Linda Williams, and Mark Lewis, in a keenly fought match, and the win ended a year-long drought for McKenzie who was delighted at her return to form.
Heydon's annual Barn Trophy was won by M Noble and B Starr, who held off T Clifton and A Patterson by a single point 42-41.