Partners shine at Hitchin
THE sporting partnership between Meridian and Greneway continued with an impressive showing at the North Herts Schools Championship at Hitchin. Greneway claimed gold in the Year 7 and 8 boys and girls combined team championship. Meridian was also among t
THE sporting partnership between Meridian and Greneway continued with an impressive showing at the North Herts Schools Championship at Hitchin.
Greneway claimed gold in the Year 7 and 8 boys and girls combined team championship.
Meridian was also among the medals, grabbing silver in the senior boys competition.
The two Royston schools also collected a number of bronze medals and top six finishes.
You may also want to watch:
There were a number of other impressive swims from the Greneway and Meridian students, many with new personal bests, some taking part in their first championship.
Sam Cooper of Greneway won gold in the Year 7 and 8 boys 50m freestyle while the Meridian senior boys squad won gold in the medley relay with a school record of 1 minute 19.88 secs.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Coach Terry Graves said: "Once again Greneway and Meridian were one of the best mixed schools overall.
"Our success once again showed the importance of the partnership between the schools and Royston Swimming Club, with most of the swimmers representing both."
In the girls junior squad Charlotte Day, Chloe Smith, Alice Hildrup and Kelly Stubbs all secured personal bests, as did Jacob Leighton, Matt Brennan, Joe Walsh and Sam Cooper in the boys junior squad.
Amie Lawrence, Alice Hully and Marie Walsh swam PBs for the intermediate girls squad, with Tom Dolden, Charlie Stafford, Bruce Harrison, and Adam Shield doing the same in the intermediate boys.
In the senior section Kerry Alexander, Sophie Campbell, and Ashleigh Tuck also swam PBs for the girls, with the boys also impressing with Tom Hallam and Tom Shield also securing PBs.