Partners shine at Hitchin
THE sporting partnership between Meridian and Greneway continued with an impressive showing at the North Herts Schools Championship at Hitchin. Greneway claimed gold in the Year 7 and 8 boys and girls combined team championship. Meridian was also among t
THE sporting partnership between Meridian and Greneway continued with an impressive showing at the North Herts Schools Championship at Hitchin.
Greneway claimed gold in the Year 7 and 8 boys and girls combined team championship.
Meridian was also among the medals, grabbing silver in the senior boys competition.
The two Royston schools also collected a number of bronze medals and top six finishes.
You may also want to watch:
There were a number of other impressive swims from the Greneway and Meridian students, many with new personal bests, some taking part in their first championship.
Sam Cooper of Greneway won gold in the Year 7 and 8 boys 50m freestyle while the Meridian senior boys squad won gold in the medley relay with a school record of 1 minute 19.88 secs.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Coach Terry Graves said: "Once again Greneway and Meridian were one of the best mixed schools overall.
"Our success once again showed the importance of the partnership between the schools and Royston Swimming Club, with most of the swimmers representing both."
In the girls junior squad Charlotte Day, Chloe Smith, Alice Hildrup and Kelly Stubbs all secured personal bests, as did Jacob Leighton, Matt Brennan, Joe Walsh and Sam Cooper in the boys junior squad.
Amie Lawrence, Alice Hully and Marie Walsh swam PBs for the intermediate girls squad, with Tom Dolden, Charlie Stafford, Bruce Harrison, and Adam Shield doing the same in the intermediate boys.
In the senior section Kerry Alexander, Sophie Campbell, and Ashleigh Tuck also swam PBs for the girls, with the boys also impressing with Tom Hallam and Tom Shield also securing PBs.