Par four! Down to a tee for Dominic
A TALENTED young golfer has won his first competitions – at the age of four. Dominic Clemons of Melbourn has been swinging a golf club ever since he was old enough to walk, and wowed crowds at Graveley Golf Club by winning the club s junior open competiti
A TALENTED young golfer has won his first competitions - at the age of four.
Dominic Clemons of Melbourn has been swinging a golf club ever since he was old enough to walk, and wowed crowds at Graveley Golf Club by winning the club's junior open competition.
The Melbourn Primary School pupil also won the HSBC Wee Wonders Junior Championships and as a result qualified for the East of England Regional Final in July.
Dominic's dad Mike, who is a professional at Menzies Golf Club in Cambridge said: "Dominic's win was unbelievable. He's a very talented young boy and we're all very proud.
You may also want to watch:
"In fact his swing is almost as good as mine, and with such potential who knows what he'll achieve?
"However, I just want to see him have fun and enjoy the sport - and that's what he's doing."
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Dominic was the youngest entrant in the competitions and he beat a number of older children in the process. The youngster also boasts a remarkable 120-yard drive - one that would even impress his hero Tiger Woods.
Dominic said: "I like hitting the ball really far and watching where it lands.
"One day I'd like to be a professional like my dad.