Panthers unlucky to lose 100 per cent record
Melbourn Dynamos 1 Pin Green 1 Under-11s Division Three THE Panthers lost their 100 per cent record in Division Three at the weekend but remain unbeaten after a topsy turvy encounter at Shepreth. On paper this appears to be two points dropped however with
Melbourn Dynamos 1 Pin Green 1
Under-11s Division Three
THE Panthers lost their 100 per cent record in Division Three at the weekend but remain unbeaten after a topsy turvy encounter at Shepreth.
On paper this appears to be two points dropped however with a depleted team playing in the worst possible conditions this was definitely a valuable point gained as Panthers finished with eight players after losing four to illness and injury during the game.
You may also want to watch:
To their credit Pin Green turned up with a positive attitude despite being short of players themselves.
They were well organised at the back and kept the Melbourn defence busy creating many threatening attacks.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
George Storey opened the scoring for Panthers on 11 minutes after a low shot took the slightest of touches and nestled in the near corner of the net.
Panthers continued to dominate but couldn't add to the score in the first half.
As the weather got even worse Pin Green grew in confidence and it was no surprise when they equalised after 40 minutes.
From then on it was a siege as Melbourn fought like Tigers at the back to earn a valuable point.
Special mention must go to Conner Patel in the Melbourn goal after a string of great saves kept Panthers in the game.