Panthers unable to get past Hatfield's keeper
MDFC Panthers 0 Hatfield Youth A 0 Under-nines A SUPERB performance from the Hatfield keeper denied the Panthers a deserved win on Saturday. Hatfield started the brighter but Josh Brown, in the Panthers goal, made two fine saves in the first five minutes
MDFC Panthers 0 Hatfield Youth A 0
A SUPERB performance from the Hatfield 'keeper denied the Panthers a deserved win on Saturday.
Hatfield started the brighter but Josh Brown, in the Panthers goal, made two fine saves in the first five minutes.
You may also want to watch:
After that the Panthers dominated the rest of the game with Charlie Barnes hitting the crossbar from a corner and William Browning and Joe Powley were both desperately unlucky with goal bound efforts being brilliantly saved by the Hatfield 'keeper.
At the other end Stuart Dingwell was strong enough in defence to snuff out the Hatfield attack.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
MDFC Tigers 1 Hatfield Youth B 5
THE Tigers were well beaten by a strong Hatfield B side although the first half was an even contest with chances at both ends.
Indeed the Tigers took the lead with a great finish by Zac Hart into the top corner of the Hatfield net but the yellows of Hatfield fought back well to go in 2-1 up at half time.
The second half was one sided as Hatfield added three more without reply.
Tom Whitely was Tigers' player-of-the-match with a skilful and hard working performance in midfield.