Panthers toppled by Templars
U12s Div 2
U12s Div 2
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s were unfortunate to go down 8-4 away to Baldock Templars.
Templars took the lead after 15 minutes through an own goal after Melbourn lost possession on the edge of their own area.
Within a minute Panthers equalised after a teasing right-wing cross from Josh Hutton rebounded into the path of Luke Eades to grab his second goal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Templers continued to make the most of the downhill advantage and took the lead again after 20 minutes with glancing header from a corner before furthering their advantage shortly after half time.
Templars scored two more goals to make it 5-1 but, to their credit, Melbourn never gave up and reduced the deficit through a dipping shot from Storey. And a few minutes later it was 5-3 when Lees scored a fine header.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
Baldock scored again with a free-kick before Storey bagged another but two further late goals from baldock put the result beyond doubt.
It was end to end stuff from here on, Baldock scored again for 6-3 and then a well struck free kick from, player of the match, Storey floated over the Baldock keeper for 6-4.
Two further late goals were added by Baldock towards the end as Panthers tired.