Panthers toppled by Templars
U12s Div 2
U12s Div 2
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s were unfortunate to go down 8-4 away to Baldock Templars.
Templars took the lead after 15 minutes through an own goal after Melbourn lost possession on the edge of their own area.
Within a minute Panthers equalised after a teasing right-wing cross from Josh Hutton rebounded into the path of Luke Eades to grab his second goal of the season.
Templers continued to make the most of the downhill advantage and took the lead again after 20 minutes with glancing header from a corner before furthering their advantage shortly after half time.
Templars scored two more goals to make it 5-1 but, to their credit, Melbourn never gave up and reduced the deficit through a dipping shot from Storey. And a few minutes later it was 5-3 when Lees scored a fine header.
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
Baldock scored again with a free-kick before Storey bagged another but two further late goals from baldock put the result beyond doubt.
It was end to end stuff from here on, Baldock scored again for 6-3 and then a well struck free kick from, player of the match, Storey floated over the Baldock keeper for 6-4.
Two further late goals were added by Baldock towards the end as Panthers tired.