Panthers toppled by Templars
U12s Div 2
U12s Div 2
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s were unfortunate to go down 8-4 away to Baldock Templars.
Templars took the lead after 15 minutes through an own goal after Melbourn lost possession on the edge of their own area.
Within a minute Panthers equalised after a teasing right-wing cross from Josh Hutton rebounded into the path of Luke Eades to grab his second goal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Templers continued to make the most of the downhill advantage and took the lead again after 20 minutes with glancing header from a corner before furthering their advantage shortly after half time.
Templars scored two more goals to make it 5-1 but, to their credit, Melbourn never gave up and reduced the deficit through a dipping shot from Storey. And a few minutes later it was 5-3 when Lees scored a fine header.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Baldock scored again with a free-kick before Storey bagged another but two further late goals from baldock put the result beyond doubt.
It was end to end stuff from here on, Baldock scored again for 6-3 and then a well struck free kick from, player of the match, Storey floated over the Baldock keeper for 6-4.
Two further late goals were added by Baldock towards the end as Panthers tired.