Panthers toppled by Templars
U12s Div 2
U12s Div 2
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s were unfortunate to go down 8-4 away to Baldock Templars.
Templars took the lead after 15 minutes through an own goal after Melbourn lost possession on the edge of their own area.
Within a minute Panthers equalised after a teasing right-wing cross from Josh Hutton rebounded into the path of Luke Eades to grab his second goal of the season.
Templers continued to make the most of the downhill advantage and took the lead again after 20 minutes with glancing header from a corner before furthering their advantage shortly after half time.
Templars scored two more goals to make it 5-1 but, to their credit, Melbourn never gave up and reduced the deficit through a dipping shot from Storey. And a few minutes later it was 5-3 when Lees scored a fine header.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 6 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Baldock scored again with a free-kick before Storey bagged another but two further late goals from baldock put the result beyond doubt.
It was end to end stuff from here on, Baldock scored again for 6-3 and then a well struck free kick from, player of the match, Storey floated over the Baldock keeper for 6-4.
Two further late goals were added by Baldock towards the end as Panthers tired.