Panthers make Swift exit from League Cup
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s 2 Bishop’s Stortford Swifts U12s 3
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s were just edged out of their League Cup round two match with Bishop’s Stortford Swifts with a 3-2 defeat.
It was a much-improved display from Panthers who have endured a difficult season so far.
Swifts went ahead inside 10 minutes with a quick breakaway but Melbourn restored parity shortly afterwards when Luke Eades produced a neat finish into the corner.
Just as it seemed Melbourn would get on top Swifts broke away again with an identical goal to their first giving them a 2-1 half time lead.
You may also want to watch:
Swifts did start to get the upper hand in the second half and increased their lead to 3-1 as a right wing cross was allowed to reach the opposite post for an easy tap in.
Robbie Dingwell scored the goal of the game with a wonder lob which left the Swifts keeper stranded to reduce the deficit. Unfortunately Panthers could not create another worthwhile attack as Swifts defended well for the final few minutes.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia