Panthers make Swift exit from League Cup
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s 2 Bishop’s Stortford Swifts U12s 3
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s were just edged out of their League Cup round two match with Bishop’s Stortford Swifts with a 3-2 defeat.
It was a much-improved display from Panthers who have endured a difficult season so far.
Swifts went ahead inside 10 minutes with a quick breakaway but Melbourn restored parity shortly afterwards when Luke Eades produced a neat finish into the corner.
Just as it seemed Melbourn would get on top Swifts broke away again with an identical goal to their first giving them a 2-1 half time lead.
You may also want to watch:
Swifts did start to get the upper hand in the second half and increased their lead to 3-1 as a right wing cross was allowed to reach the opposite post for an easy tap in.
Robbie Dingwell scored the goal of the game with a wonder lob which left the Swifts keeper stranded to reduce the deficit. Unfortunately Panthers could not create another worthwhile attack as Swifts defended well for the final few minutes.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme