Panthers hit for six by Elsenham
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s 1 Elsenham Youth 6
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s went down 6-1 away at Elsenham Youth despite an improved performance from the previous week.
The early stages belonged to Elsenham as a series of long throws and corners put pressure on the Melbourn defence.
Despite this, Jordan Mills and Jack Morley defended resolutely to keep the scores level although it remained one-way traffic.
The inevitable first goal of the game was conceded by Panthers on 12 minutes after a hopeful shot from the edge of the penalty area somehow crept into the corner of the Panthers goal.
Panthers’ attacks were limited but Ryan Barton and Sam Austin always looked dangerous when they did find some space in the Elsenham half.
Just when it seemed like a solitary goal would divide the teams at half time, Elsenham added a second with great strike from outside the area.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 7 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
Melbourn came out in determined mood after the interval and dominated possession for the first 10 minutes of the second half and it was no surprise when Barton got Melbourn back in the game.
Panthers had further chances to equalise but yet again were caught on the brake as Elsenham increased their lead to 3-1. The game flowed from end to end as Panthers tried to get back into it but they were caught out with some speedy attacks and conceded a further three goals late on.