Panthers draw with Royston
Knebworth Youth Panthers 2 - 2 Royston Town Youth KNEBWORTH started slowly against Royston and fell behind when they scored from a corner. Finally a ball through to Casey who was onside and made a great run and a power shot from a very difficult ang
Knebworth Youth Panthers 2 - 2 Royston Town Youth
KNEBWORTH started slowly against Royston and fell behind when they scored from a corner.
Finally a ball through to Casey who was onside and made a great run and a power shot from a very difficult angle found the net, and Knebworth were back in it, but not for long, as another error in Knebworth's box and a failure in communication saw an own-goal, so Royston were back on top.
Just before coming into the break it was all action, Bondy on a speed run took on the entire Royston defence and a fabulous goal.
You may also want to watch:
Royston came back on the break and were awarded a penalty, which they sent sailing over the crossbar.
The second half was full of action, with shots at both ends. The Knebworth 'keeper Sam Wyer made several diving saves, twice just tipping the ball over the crossbar, and another shot from nowhere was the save of the day, the quick reactions of Wyer making all the difference.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 5 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
Panthers changed to just three at the back and put three up front, but the strikers could not find the net, some sitters were wasted, some power blasts from Angus saved, and with some crazy wide shots, the final score remained at 2-2, both teams remain in contention for the first division title.