Panthers conquer the Aztecs
Bedwell Rangers Aztecs 0 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 9 Under-11s Division Three ANOTHER strong performance by the Panthers saw them record their 15th straight league win against a hard working and gritty Bedwell side. It was the home side who started the br
Bedwell Rangers Aztecs 0 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 9
Under-11s Division Three
ANOTHER strong performance by the Panthers saw them record their 15th straight league win against a hard working and gritty Bedwell side.
It was the home side who started the brighter with some dangerous moves through the middle causing concern for the Melbourn back line, however the Panthers' man-of-the-match Andrew Chitty was always on hand to get in that last gasp challenge.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors gradually got into the game and it was no surprise when George Storey opened his account on 14 minutes after a quality cross from Josh Hutton on the right wing.
A minute later it was 2-0 as Hutton delivered a dangerous corner which rebounded into the path of Luke Eades who finished in style.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
The Melbourn attack continued to threaten and Storey made it 3-0 on 26 minutes with a fierce drive into the bottom left corner from the edge of the penalty area.
Bedwell came out for the second half in determined mood and had a couple of half chances which they failed to convert. They were made to pay for those misses as Eades got his second to make it 4-0 on 33 minutes.
Storey completed yet another hat-trick on 37 minutes with a great shot over the Bedwell 'keeper from the edge of the penalty area to make it 5-0.
Hutton got a deserved goal on 47 minutes after a good move from one side of the pitch to the other and two minutes later the hard working Tommy Hollway made it 7-0 with a strong run through the heart of the Bedwell defence.
Eades then got his hat-trick on 52 minutes and Storey grabbed his fourth and the Panthers' ninth just before the full time whistle.
A special mention must go to birthday boy Joe Greeman who fought like a tiger in the second half breaking up all the threatening Bedwell attacks.