Panthers are victorious
Bassingbourn U-9 0 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 4 TWO goals in each half gave Panthers the victory on Saturday (October 21). The visitors began brightly with strikers Ben Webb and Charles Johnson linking well, with the confident Webb twice going close. T
Bassingbourn U-9 0
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 4
TWO goals in each half gave Panthers the victory on Saturday (October 21).
The visitors began brightly with strikers Ben Webb and Charles Johnson linking well, with the confident Webb twice going close.
You may also want to watch:
The first goal came as Sam Bedlow took the ball into the box and squeezed it through towards the alert Johnson who slotted it home with his left foot.
Dynamos maintained control with strong defence from James Fowkes and Eddie Twyman and some neat passing going forward.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Bedlow made the pressure count before the interval as he drilled home a right footed shot from the edge of the box.
Despite a competitive performance from the home side, Panthers played even better up the slope with Willem Van de Ven showing nice touches and strong forward runs by Alex Maskell.
George McDermott rattled the bar and Bedlow headed a James Rushton corner against a post.
The pair combined again and this time Bedlow guided the header inside the far post. Johnson showed some great trickery down the left and his cross was helped on by Rushton for Webb to volley the fourth and his 10th of the season.