Panthers are victorious
Bassingbourn U-9 0 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 4 TWO goals in each half gave Panthers the victory on Saturday (October 21). The visitors began brightly with strikers Ben Webb and Charles Johnson linking well, with the confident Webb twice going close. T
Bassingbourn U-9 0
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 4
TWO goals in each half gave Panthers the victory on Saturday (October 21).
The visitors began brightly with strikers Ben Webb and Charles Johnson linking well, with the confident Webb twice going close.
The first goal came as Sam Bedlow took the ball into the box and squeezed it through towards the alert Johnson who slotted it home with his left foot.
Dynamos maintained control with strong defence from James Fowkes and Eddie Twyman and some neat passing going forward.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 9 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 10 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
Bedlow made the pressure count before the interval as he drilled home a right footed shot from the edge of the box.
Despite a competitive performance from the home side, Panthers played even better up the slope with Willem Van de Ven showing nice touches and strong forward runs by Alex Maskell.
George McDermott rattled the bar and Bedlow headed a James Rushton corner against a post.
The pair combined again and this time Bedlow guided the header inside the far post. Johnson showed some great trickery down the left and his cross was helped on by Rushton for Webb to volley the fourth and his 10th of the season.