Palmer takes honours at Magpie Lake
ROYSTON and districts last match in the PC series took place at Magpie Lake, Waterbeach on Sunday. The match was fished in conjunction with Rugby Cement A.C and Eternit AC and like the previous events was highly contested. Ian Palmer of Rugby Cement won
ROYSTON and districts last match in the PC series took place at Magpie Lake, Waterbeach on Sunday.
The match was fished in conjunction with Rugby Cement A.C and Eternit AC and like the previous events was highly contested.
Ian Palmer of Rugby Cement won with a catch of 11 lbs 8 oz, ahead of Shaun Rivers of Rugby Cement who had a catch of 7 lbs.
Bob Chapman who also fishes for Rugby Cement finished third with a catch of 5 lbs 12 oz.
You may also want to watch:
Steve McGuire was the highest placed Royston AC member with a catch of 2 lbs 12 oz, while Diane Fuller's seventh placed finish was enough for her to win the PC series with 33 points.
Kelvin Stanford was the runner-up with 23 points.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- The next match is the Fur and Feather competition which will take place at Thriplow Reservoir on Sunday, December 9.
Tickets are available at £5 each and can be purchased from Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.