Owen slams seven in Cougars cakewalk
It was goals galore for Buntingford Cougars under-10s Whites who beat Melbourn Dynamos 10-0. Charlie Owen notched a superb seven-goal haul. William Hewer scored two more for Buntingford, with Jack Cain also getting on the scoresheet. Hormead Hares also
It was goals galore for Buntingford Cougars under-10s Whites who beat Melbourn Dynamos 10-0.
Charlie Owen notched a superb seven-goal haul.
William Hewer scored two more for Buntingford, with Jack Cain also getting on the scoresheet.
Hormead Hares also came unstuck against a goal hungry Cougars side, with the Cougars Blues under-10s winning 3-0, with goals from Thomas Burns, Josh Coldecot-Stevens, and Charlie Rome.
However, the Cougars Stripes under-10s went down 3-1 to Hormead, their goal coming from Dan Horndy.
Cougars under-13s knocked out a strong Watton team 2-1 in the first round of the county cup.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
Both goals came from Jonathan Bowell, the winner a last-minute penalty.
Liam Price was on target for Cougars under-11s in Division 1, opening the scoring against Bishop's Stortford.
However, Stortford were soon level, and keeper George Shelford had to make a series of saves to keep Cougars in the game.
Stortford made it 2-1 before Price added his second, but Stortford went on to chalk up a 5-2 victory.
The under-9s had two tough games against Stevenage, with the Cougars Blues losing 2-1, while the Cougars Whites were comfortably beaten 4-0. Jack McMeechan grabbed the goal for the Blues.
Cougars under-15s, after a bright start, lost 6-2 at home against Sawbridgeworth Reds in Division 2.
Sawbridgeworth led 2-0 at half-time, but Cougars pulled one back in the second half through Ben Johnson.
However, a penalty decision later dashed the home side's hopes once more, although Johnson did restore some optimism with another well-taken shot. But a strong Sawbridgeworth side romped away with another three goals.
The Cougars under-16s were also well beaten in Division 2, crashing to an 8-2 defeat at Stevenage Colts.
Two strikes from Tom Bell spared Buntingford's blushes, before Stevenage grabbed two more.
BALDOCK Town under-18s are on the lookout for a goalkeeper.
The club who play in The Royston Crow League Division 1 are searching for a new number one for the new season.
Baldock train every Thursday at Knights Templar School, Park Street from 8.30-9.30pm.
Anyone interested should contact Richard on 01462 892126.