Our creativity was poor says Attfield
Crows boss says players weren’t good enough going forward in Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at home to Dunstable Town
CROWS boss Paul Attfield pointed towards his side’s lack of creativity going forward as the reason for Saturday’s 2-0 home defeat to Dunstable Town.
It was Royston’s first defeat in five league outings and Attfield says he was certainly not expecting to lose this one on the back of four straight wins in the Spartan South Midlands Premier.
“We had enough of the ball to create chances to win the game. Our creativity was poor and their goalkeeper didn’t really have a save to make,” said Attfield.
“We conceded with their first attempt on goal and we gambled in the second half but still didn’t create enough chances.
You may also want to watch:
“To come out of the game having had the majority of possession and our ‘keeper not having much to do is disappointing but we just didn’t do enough with it. We had very little to do defensively but our problem was going forward.”
Attfield also says he does not want to go into Saturday’s important FA Vase second round match at home to Eastern Counties Premier Division side Leiston with his players not at the top of their game due the high quality of the opposition.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
“I don’t want to be negative but it was one of the worst possible draws we could have got,” he added.
“They are challenging for promotion in their league and I’ve had them watched and they haven’t got any weaknesses.
“I don’t want to go into that game on the back of one or two poor performances and we will have to be on top of our game to make sure we get a result and the desire levels have to be spot on.
“We’ve got home advantage but our away form has been better than our home form this season so we’ll have to pull something out of the bag.”