Osborne notches five-fer in Steeple win
CCA Junior League 4B
Steeple Morden 89-8 (31 overs)
Coton 86 (27 overs)
Steeple won by two wickets
STEEPLE Morden were made to work hard for their two-wicket victory at home to Coton which maintained their position at the top of the table.
Batting first, the visitors made a good start reaching 26 before losing their first wicket, Paul Jarman making the breakthrough, before Martin Osborne claimed the next five wickets finishing with figures of 10-4-17-5.
Graham Jarman then bowled the dangerous Chandler 33 to return figures of 10-1-34-3 before a sharp piece of fielding by George Thomas produced a run out. Jarman claimed the final wicket as Coton were dismissed for 86, a score Morden were more than confident of reaching.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
Having to bat for 10 overs before tea, Morden were soon in trouble at 14-2, ascore that failed to look better after tea as they slipped to 31-5.
Much depended on opener Phil Saich as wickets kept falling around him and, at 71-8, the game was in the balance before Morden’s Jarman used all his experience to help steady the innings.
Both batsmen found gaps in the field and ran well between the wickets. And with just two runs needed for victory, Jarman (12*) crashed the ball to the boundary. Saich finished on 39* - a match winning innings in a low scoring thriller.