Orwell go joint top with win over Debden
Orwell 5 Debden Res 3 TWO goals in the last five minutes for Debden skewed the scoreline somewhat in this encounter which Orwell had in the bag after the first 20 minutes. Goals from player-manager Chris Haynes, Mark Golton and Chay Wilson (two) put the h
Orwell 5 Debden Res 3
TWO goals in the last five minutes for Debden skewed the scoreline somewhat in this encounter which Orwell had in the bag after the first 20 minutes.
Goals from player-manager Chris Haynes, Mark Golton and Chay Wilson (two) put the hosts 4-0 up after 20 minutes and it was a lead they never looked like losing despite conceding a goal just before the break.
The second half was more of an even contest as Orwell's energy and enthusiasm met a more determined defence.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Marriott scored for the hosts but they shipped two late goals just moments after missing another good opportunity themselves.
The win takes Orwell to second in BIS Division 4A, just behind Figleaves on goal difference.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Haynes said: "They were actually quite a strong side, one of the best we've played against this season, and that makes the result even better.
"We created lots of chances, put them away and could easily have won the game 6-1 late on."
Orwell: Cooper, Golton (Jones), Green, Haynes (Squires), Lynch, Marriott, Scripps, Sutton, Todd, C Wilson, D Wilson.